Recent content by kenna2

1. K

Covid booster shots

Yes
  2. K

How do you sleep?

I was just listed for a double lung and liver transplant and have not been able to sleep since I became listed. I can't take anything for anxiety or a sleep aid and I'm really struggling. How do you get some sleep while waiting for the call?
  3. K

Anxiety on Trikafta

Your anxiety is valid. I had to talk to my therapist about this. We have known and accepted one way of life for so long. Battling CF and all that comes with it, has put us in battle mode all our lives. We're on high alert all the time and always looking over our shoulders. No one really ever...
  4. K

Liver Enzymes and CFTR Modulators?

These meds are hard on your liver. So this is a possible reaction. If he was taking the morning and night time dose, the issue could be that his liver is holding on to the ivacaftor (one of the meds in the triple combo) longer than it needs to. Some of us are only taking the morning dose and are...
  5. K

Trikafta and liver disease

These meds are hard on your liver. So this is a possible reaction. If he was taking the morning and night time dose, the issue could be that his liver is holding on to the ivacaftor (one of the meds in the triple combo) longer than it needs to. Some of us are only taking the morning dose and are...
  6. K

Getting back to normal

No I've had hearing loss for years from Tobi
  7. K

Getting back to normal

With Trikafta improving and stabilizing many of us, the idea of getting back to a semi normal life (once the pandemic is over) and reconnecting with people who I've lost touch with after being sick for so long is scary to me. I feel lost and out of touch with the world and not sure how to jump...
  8. K

Chinese coronavirus vaccine could be ready for trials next month?

No, they're saying that the vaccine that China has been working on will be ready to be tested.
  9. K

Trikafta and tendonitis

Has anyone been diagnosed with tendonitis since they started taking Trikafta? I now have it in 3 places and I'm curious if this is a side effect. My daily activities haven't changed since I started so not sure where this is coming from.
  10. K

Vest? Symdeko?

I'm so sorry for your loss. My advice would be to see if you can contact the respiratory therapist at your sister's clinic and see if she is able to do anything with the vest. Due to cross infection protocols, it might be risky to just send to another CF patient.
  11. K

Trikafta Q&A, Experiences, etc.

My hair has always been kinda oily even before Trikafta, but I will say invest in dry shampoo. It helps.
  12. K

Colistin for home infusion-do you mix it yourself?

I've never heard of it actually. I've only been able to use Colistin as my main big IV drug for the past couple of years because Tobi gave me hearing loss. I just learned something new today...thank you!
  13. K

Eyes Burning on Trikafta

Do you have sinus issues on top of CF? Trikafta cleans out all that too so I'm wondering if that might be part of it. Have you tried some eye drops at all for relief?
  14. K

Np...I was able to start doing IV colistin at home about 2 years ago so this was new for me too. I was just as confused as you at first since I also inhale it too. But it's nice to know that we can do this at home and that we don't have to mix it! Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
  15. K

I do and yes they are only good for 7 days in the fridge