Search results

1. jimcaldwell

Hi Lizzie. Have you been able to get on any of the Vertex drugs?

Hi Lizzie. Have you been able to get on any of the Vertex drugs?
  2. jimcaldwell

Sad that this particular site is now attracting idiots who just intend to spam it

Hopefully we can put in some measures to combat the idiot spam behavior. Looking at it now.
  3. jimcaldwell

AI Powered App could predict health care...

Yes I think the possibilities to AI could be interesting for CF, especially in drug development and health prediction.
  4. jimcaldwell

Trikafta how long after the expiration date the drug will still have an effect ?

It's hard to say. Obviously some drugs still are efficacious long after the expiration date, but others don't do as well after. It's probably best to follow guidance but at the price Trikafta goes for, that is a difficult one to throw away.
  5. jimcaldwell

Essential Oils as an Alternative for Medicines

Yes I agree. I know some have claimed that some essential oils can be anti-infective, especially when antibiotics become less effective over time. And you are correct, this should be done under the guidance of healthcare professionals.
  6. jimcaldwell

Kalydeco and Sucralose

Modulators have different effects on people. Some feel no side effects while others have difficult tolerating them. The main thing is to find the things that help you (Prescription drugs, supplements, therapies, etc) and be consistent, while being open minded to researching other things from...
  7. jimcaldwell

Moving to North Carolina

From my daughter's experience when she was younger when she moved from Utah to Florida, it had no difference. However, I would not claim this is the same for everyone because I do not know. We did live in NC for awhile, and the CF clinic at UNC-Chapel Hill is excellent if you do not find the...
  8. jimcaldwell

Donate button! and other forum related stuffs

Looks like the donate link on the main page (cysticfibrosis.com) is broken. I will look at fixing this today. Thanks for the advise.
  9. jimcaldwell

how you open up to your family?

While it is probably a good thing to discuss this with your family, it might not be advisable in all cases. Fortunately people are more open to this than in years past. There are many ways to handle this, and it depends on many variables. All families are different. If doing so seems like a good...
  10. jimcaldwell

Orkambi or Trikafta?

Trikafta is a superior product. Orkambi seemed more like a pre-release version and Trikafta is much more refined with less side effects and better efficacy.
  11. jimcaldwell

San Antonio Adult CF Clinic

Hi @MissAlexsBP . I haven't heard anything about San Antonio but my daughter has gone to the Austin clinic for almost 9 years. It is reasonably good and has improved over the last 5 years. Not that you want drive 1.5 hours away, but if things aren't good in SA, then Austin is always an option.
  12. jimcaldwell

Beth Sufian's guide to insurance

The link still is not working
  13. jimcaldwell

CFF Article about the First Global Study of COVID-19 in Children With Cystic Fibrosis Reports Reassuring Outcomes

I think CF people have done very well in general with respect to COVID-19. My feeling is that most CF people/families have more awareness when it comes to avoiding infections, social distancing, etc. So adapting to COVID guidelines haven't been a new thing in a sense.
  14. jimcaldwell

Covid19 vaccine and CF

I think it should be fine. I don't see anything that requires a CFTR protein being involved in the vaccine, so I would think it should work on CF people the same way as non-CF people.
  15. jimcaldwell

Indrepta Plus

It's been a little over 3 years since we released our first product Indrepta in a joint project between Sharktank Research Foundation and Planetary Biosciences. It has been helpful to many people so far. We did a little crowdfunding a few months ago and are now in the process of creating a...
  16. jimcaldwell

Would you Recommend the Vest?

It really depends how much mucus you produce or not. Also, you might want to look at the AffloVest, as it is significantly quieter and you are not tethered to the vest apparatus.
  17. jimcaldwell

Hi David, this is a test message to see if you received the private message. Thanks Jim

Hi David, this is a test message to see if you received the private message. Thanks Jim
  18. jimcaldwell

Hi Jeanne, this is a test for private messaging

Hi Jeanne, this is a test for private messaging
  19. jimcaldwell

My baby is here!

Congratulations!!!
  20. jimcaldwell

THis is a message test

We upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.2.5 vBulletin