Any other transgender CFers out there?

TheVinIsIn

Hey forum,
Living with CF has been difficult enough, but the past couple years have resulted in the realization that I'm trans (FtM). This wouldn't be as much of an issue for me if my parents weren't so fundamentally against it. I haven't come out to them, but transness and trans celebrities has come up in conversation enough times for me to tell exactly how they feel about it. (They wouldn't disown me or kick me out, but I'm confident they wouldn't really respect my identity.)
But all that's just a bit of background. I'm really just trying to find any others like me out there. CF is already really isolating, and it makes it even worse when I try to search around for trans & CF specific groups only to find nothing.
Not to mention the anxieties I've had about bringing up transitioning with my doctor. I don't want to start HRT or anything without speaking to a doctor that understands CF and how it would affect the body first, but I worry about how my doctor feels about trans issues.

(Please don't respond to this if all you have to say is something along the lines of how you "disagree" with people being trans. This thread is not for you, and I'm not interested in starting that conversation. I don't know how common that attitude is in this forum since I'm new, but just to get that out of the way inb4 anyone pulls that crap.)

- Vinny

TheVinIsIn

Thank you so much, Imogene!! This gives me so much hope for the future!! I'll see if I can get in contact with them. <3

SRains24

While not specifically trans(I’m Bi) my gf(M2F) is and my wife (not trans). I’m the only one of the three of us with CF. I actually didn’t know about the FB group Imogene posted, but I am registered for BreatheCon. Hope you get the support you need and I’m here if you have questions or just need someone to talk to.

joey65

Hey forum,
Living with CF has been difficult enough, but the past couple years have resulted in the realization that I'm trans (FtM). This wouldn't be as much of an issue for me if my parents weren't so fundamentally against it. I haven't come out to them, but transness and trans celebrities has come up in conversation enough times for me to tell exactly how they feel about it. (They wouldn't disown me or kick me out, but I'm confident they wouldn't really respect my identity.)
But all that's just a bit of background. I'm really just trying to find any others like me out there. CF is already really isolating, and it makes it even worse when I try to search around for trans & CF specific groups only to find nothing.
Not to mention the anxieties I've had about bringing up transitioning with my doctor. I don't want to start HRT or anything without speaking to a doctor that understands CF and how it would affect the body first, but I worry about how my doctor feels about trans issues.

(Please don't respond to this if all you have to say is something along the lines of how you "disagree" with people being trans. This thread is not for you, and I'm not interested in starting that conversation. I don't know how common that attitude is in this forum since I'm new, but just to get that out of the way inb4 anyone pulls that crap.)

- Vinny

Vinny,

I am also a transmasc CFer. Message me sometime

-Joey