Cf and Dogs

LisaGreene

Hi Stacey,
I agree with the other postings. This really isn't a "parenting expert" question but I'll answer it as a CF mom. As long as your son isn't allergic and you are doing all the right things to keep the place clean, I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, we are thinking of getting a (small) dog and both of our kids have CF. Our docs have all also said it's fine.

I think it's important to keep in mind that our kids are kids first and a kid with CF second. We want them to have as normal a childhood as possible with all of the things that typical kids have and do as long as it doesn't put our kids in jeopardy (which is subjective in and of itself).

So, if the doctors are "blessing" the decision to have a dog, I wouldn't second-guess or worry about it. Just enjoy the dog, your child and life. :)

Hugs,
Lisa

LisaGreene

Hi Stacey,
I agree with the other postings. This really isn't a "parenting expert" question but I'll answer it as a CF mom. As long as your son isn't allergic and you are doing all the right things to keep the place clean, I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, we are thinking of getting a (small) dog and both of our kids have CF. Our docs have all also said it's fine.

I think it's important to keep in mind that our kids are kids first and a kid with CF second. We want them to have as normal a childhood as possible with all of the things that typical kids have and do as long as it doesn't put our kids in jeopardy (which is subjective in and of itself).

So, if the doctors are "blessing" the decision to have a dog, I wouldn't second-guess or worry about it. Just enjoy the dog, your child and life. :)

Hugs,
Lisa

LisaGreene

Hi Stacey,

Hugs,
Lisa

LisaGreene

Hi Stacey,

Hugs,
Lisa

LisaGreene

Hi Stacey,
<br />I agree with the other postings. This really isn't a "parenting expert" question but I'll answer it as a CF mom. As long as your son isn't allergic and you are doing all the right things to keep the place clean, I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, we are thinking of getting a (small) dog and both of our kids have CF. Our docs have all also said it's fine.
<br />
<br />I think it's important to keep in mind that our kids are kids first and a kid with CF second. We want them to have as normal a childhood as possible with all of the things that typical kids have and do as long as it doesn't put our kids in jeopardy (which is subjective in and of itself).
<br />
<br />So, if the doctors are "blessing" the decision to have a dog, I wouldn't second-guess or worry about it. Just enjoy the dog, your child and life. :)
<br />
<br />Hugs,
<br />Lisa

sophiethornton

That was very sad to hear. I think you should give some anti-allergic pills to your pet and keep him disease free. If you don’t know where to buy them then Petcarerx site would be helpful for you. Give regular bath with tropical shampoo and use sprays for long lasting freshness in them. Hope you will get other healthy products too that can be easily added in pet’s food. I believe that such medicinal product will keep your pet away from infections and thus, your kid and home will also be safe from future threats.