Going in GI cleanout

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Heading in tomorrow for GI clean out; NGT with golytely. Been a long time since last admit; 9 years:)...I am very tired. Refresh me of good things to bring...VEST enzymes, computer, Clorox wipes? Daughter is going in healthy lung wise; it's just this stupid constipation...Want her to come out without another bacteria or germ..

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Augh. I am so sorry. Ds had that and nasty chemical enima. It was very painful, so I'm not sure if they can also give her some relaxation type meds? I'd also pack lots of extra tshirts and underwear because accidents could happen unfortunately. I know new protocol is masks when they leave rooms. We got a box. Also not sure what they do for nebs but I love having disposable ones that the rt have for each. Hang in there. Hoping she's out in 48. Hugs hugs hugs.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
two more thoughts: Slippers? And what about some Always nighttime with wings in case she is able to fall asleep and not make it to the bathroom?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We are still in the hospital; maybe going home tonight or tomorrow. Sooo tired. Golytely is still running through an NGT and still has an IV. Taking clear liquids around the tube. She still has sludgy areas(I was told) but they think they got out as much as they could via the golytly. We will do oral flagyl outpt. Among others things. Good things are they got the IV first try and the NGT went in fairly easily with Versed. Daughter is watching lots of movies and lots of computer. They think this has been going on for a while; just caught up with her. Really hoping we can get a handle on this.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Thanks for the update. I'm so sorry she's still there but so glad they're getting this under control. And you must be absolutely exhausted!!! Are they doing liquid flagyl instead of pills for a reason? It's so nasty, I'm wondering if the pills might be easier to stomach? And if not, is there a really good compound pharmacy by you? We had it compounded at a chain and it was intolerable and found an amazing compound one (rated/reviewed by the accreditation area.) I believe they ship if you are interested. They made DS's last dose of flagyl like drug as tolerable almost as a liquid Tylenol. Hang in there and hoping she's home tonight an you all can sleep in your own beds!!
big mommy hugs.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We are home. THey decided not to do the flagyl at this point. My daughter is exhausted. They got out as much sludge as they could to try to get her back to baseline. Time will tell.

Michael Allison

Miralax daily helps me keep all the sludge gone. The enimas are not fun. Had one where they blew up the balloon and ran scope all around back in April.