Sinus infections and antibiotics

ymikhale

Are you treating allergies? Have you tried removing or at least minimizing the allergens? My dd does not seem to have allergies but removing the carpet and switching to leathher couch has had positive impact on her health

I know my friends child - no cf but allergic has had sinus problems including hospital stays - alot of antibiotics and so on - untill they started doing inhaltions - first with some medication - then just 0,9% NaCl and they have no problems now. When something is begining - they start inhaltions - the whole family.

I know my friends child - no cf but allergic has had sinus problems including hospital stays - alot of antibiotics and so on - untill they started doing inhaltions - first with some medication - then just 0,9% NaCl and they have no problems now. When something is begining - they start inhaltions - the whole family.

hmw

The environmental allergies your child has are very common; there is also a LOT you can do to minimize his exposure to those triggers in his environment. Removing carpets as already mentioned is a big one; putting protective covers on mattresses and pillows (look for ones rated for dust mites) and using washable curtains, frequently washing bedding in hot water will help there. Air purifiers using a combination of hepa + charcoal filters are very good for removing pollens, dust, dust mites, animal dander etc from the air. If you have a pet that you cannot part with, at the least keep it out of his room. I'd also consider talking to the dr about trying a daily nasal spray for the inflammation & congestion the allergies cause. We also have good success using the saline sinus rinses.

hmw

The environmental allergies your child has are very common; there is also a LOT you can do to minimize his exposure to those triggers in his environment. Removing carpets as already mentioned is a big one; putting protective covers on mattresses and pillows (look for ones rated for dust mites) and using washable curtains, frequently washing bedding in hot water will help there. Air purifiers using a combination of hepa + charcoal filters are very good for removing pollens, dust, dust mites, animal dander etc from the air. If you have a pet that you cannot part with, at the least keep it out of his room. I'd also consider talking to the dr about trying a daily nasal spray for the inflammation & congestion the allergies cause. We also have good success using the saline sinus rinses.

hmw

mneds

<br>I too have been wondering about this. My son has CF and has had allergy testing as has his two sisters that do not have cf. They are all allergic to the same things give or take one or two. The allergist is recommending allergy shots to help. He says with my cf son it will help tons with the mucous issue. The pedi pulomonoligist is 100% against the allergy shots for all the kids especially the one with CF. We do not have a genetic type as of yet so no idea if the girls are all clear or are carriers. Does anyone know why the allergy shots are a no no? We are currently using singulair for my son and the girls take psudafed, but still having problems with the girls. My son has shown drastic improvement on singulair. I tried the nose washes with saline but he is not the best at using these yet. I have noticed his hypersal 7 makes his nose run during treatment to where he looks like a rabid dog, lol. I guess this is a good thing as it is at least clearing the debri from his nose. We also tried using melaleuca natural cleaners but he seems to have massive allergies to the cleaners so we have switched to using hepa filter vaccuum, and vinegar water. We did rehome the pets he is allergic to and got him a new pet (guinea pig) that he does not seem to be allergic to. We do not keep it in his room.  In addition, we have removed all the carpeting in the house and replaced with tile. We bought him a new bed and use one of those whole mattress allergen covers on both the mattress and pillow. We change his toothbrush frequently especially when he has tested positive to sputum cultures. We got rid of all but his two favorite stuffed animals and we make sure to dry clean them in dryer to eliminate dust. Our next step is to have the whole ac system professionaly cleaned. Hopefully we will get the allergy side under control soon, but still looking for ideas. He lives with chronic impetigo due to runny nose. I guess I should say clogged nose.  

mneds

<br>I too have been wondering about this. My son has CF and has had allergy testing as has his two sisters that do not have cf. They are all allergic to the same things give or take one or two. The allergist is recommending allergy shots to help. He says with my cf son it will help tons with the mucous issue. The pedi pulomonoligist is 100% against the allergy shots for all the kids especially the one with CF. We do not have a genetic type as of yet so no idea if the girls are all clear or are carriers. Does anyone know why the allergy shots are a no no?We are currently using singulair for my son and the girls take psudafed, but still having problems with the girls. My son has shown drastic improvement on singulair. I tried the nose washes with saline but he is not the best at using these yet. I have noticed his hypersal 7 makes his nose run during treatment to where he looks like a rabid dog, lol. I guess this is a good thing as it is at least clearing the debri from his nose.We also tried using melaleuca natural cleaners but he seems to have massive allergies to the cleaners so we have switched to using hepa filter vaccuum, and vinegar water. We did rehome the pets he is allergic to and got him a new pet (guinea pig) that he does not seem to be allergic to. We do not keep it in his room. In addition, we have removed all the carpeting in the house and replaced with tile. We bought him a new bed and use one of those whole mattress allergen covers on both the mattress and pillow. We change his toothbrush frequently especially when he has tested positive to sputum cultures. We got rid of all but his two favorite stuffed animals and we make sure to dry clean them in dryer to eliminate dust. Our next step is to have the whole ac system professionaly cleaned. Hopefully we will get the allergy side under control soon, but still looking for ideas. He lives with chronic impetigo due to runny nose. I guess I should say clogged nose.

mneds

<p><br>I too have been wondering about this. My son has CF and has had allergy testing as has his two sisters that do not have cf. They are all allergic to the same things give or take one or two. The allergist is recommending allergy shots to help. He says with my cf son it will help tons with the mucous issue. The pedi pulomonoligist is 100% against the allergy shots for all the kids especially the one with CF. We do not have a genetic type as of yet so no idea if the girls are all clear or are carriers. Does anyone know why the allergy shots are a no no?<p><p>We are currently using singulair for my son and the girls take psudafed, but still having problems with the girls. My son has shown drastic improvement on singulair. I tried the nose washes with saline but he is not the best at using these yet. I have noticed his hypersal 7 makes his nose run during treatment to where he looks like a rabid dog, lol. I guess this is a good thing as it is at least clearing the debri from his nose.<p><p>We also tried using melaleuca natural cleaners but he seems to have massive allergies to the cleaners so we have switched to using hepa filter vaccuum, and vinegar water. We did rehome the pets he is allergic to and got him a new pet (guinea pig) that he does not seem to be allergic to. We do not keep it in his room. <p><p>In addition, we have removed all the carpeting in the house and replaced with tile. We bought him a new bed and use one of those whole mattress allergen covers on both the mattress and pillow. We change his toothbrush frequently especially when he has tested positive to sputum cultures. We got rid of all but his two favorite stuffed animals and we make sure to dry clean them in dryer to eliminate dust. Our next step is to have the whole ac system professionaly cleaned. Hopefully we will get the allergy side under control soon, but still looking for ideas. He lives with chronic impetigo due to runny nose. I guess I should say clogged nose.<p><p>

Gemin

Sinus infection causes postnasal drip that is an extremely common problem which happens because of excessive production of mucus from nasal mucosa. It is uncomfortable and irritating under any circumstance which can impact people of all age.
Mucus is produced from glands which are the lining at throat, nose as well as airways. It is the wet and thick substance which help cleans and moistens nasal membranes, captures and gets rid of inhaled external matter, combats infections as well as humidifies air within the airways.
The symptoms such as under normal situation, you will not pay attention the mucus in your nose because you often swallow unconsciously during the day. However, when it is produced excessively, mucus will drip at the back of your nose, trigger postnasal drip.
Some other symptoms of postnasal drip can be sore or irritated throat, hoarseness, coughing, trouble with swallowing, congestion as well as feeling of weakness.

https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-postnasal-drip/

I have some simple tips for you, hope it helps!
1. Gargle with warm salt water. This can thin out the mucus, thus easier to expel and be able to flush out other irritants from nasal passages.

2. Steam inhalation (Small children are not recommended for applying this tip): Take a bowl and fill with hot boiling water. You can add any essential oil if you like. Place a towel over head and put your face above the bowl. Breathe in deeply the steam for at least 10 minutes and then blow out the nose.

3. You can take few drops of peppermint oil into a piece of clean cloth (after soaked using warm water), place near the nostrils and breathe in its vapors. Apply this regularly.