What do you take with you when admitted!

regina65

I want to take my coffee pot( a one cup) . All they have in there is coffee with caffeine. It makes me crazy, cant sleep at all. I have decaf & I am taking my coffee pot. It will make my stay a lot easier. That is if the meds don't make me have chills and fever like last time. What does everyone else take that is different.

Oboe

Usually just my laptop, some clothes, and my DS. Every time is like "hey, I got all this free time so I can finish ______" and then I usually end up having no energy or drive and end up watching television or trying to sleep for most of the trip.

Seriously, though, you can't sleep in those places.

nmw0615

I pack a bag of comfy clothes. I bring my laptop, kindle, iPad, and phone. Being in the hospital turns me into a tech junkie, haha. I also bring my pillows, my toothbrush, shampoo/conditioner, brushes, and hairdryer. I'm taking online classes, so I bring anything I might need for those. On my last trip in, I brought yarn and knitting needles to make a baby blanket for my cousin, who was expecting at the time. It was amazing how much time that took up, so someone in my family will likely be getting a blanket every time I'm hospitalized, now.

regina65

I pack a bag of comfy clothes. I bring my laptop, kindle, iPad, and phone. Being in the hospital turns me into a tech junkie, haha. I also bring my pillows, my toothbrush, shampoo/conditioner, brushes, and hairdryer. I'm taking online classes, so I bring anything I might need for those. On my last trip in, I brought yarn and knitting needles to make a baby blanket for my cousin, who was expecting at the time. It was amazing how much time that took up, so someone in my family will likely be getting a blanket every time I'm hospitalized, now.

I am a bit of a fabric hoarder myself,but have been too sick too make anything for my grandbabies. Hopefully I'll be better when i get done with this round of drugs

rmotion

Here are a few things that are often forgot.

1. Big Box of tissues, those micro tissues are too small.
2. Plastic Bags to keep garbage in by bed
3. Bungie Cords to tie stuff to IV pole and what not
4. Power strip, to be able to plug all equipment into one outlet and for laptop
5. Nutribullet
6. Lots of my own food [need gluten free items]
7. Hot water maker, to make my own soup or tea
8. Squeeze toy to have something to pump up for needle sticks
7. Own Pillow
8. Hat to hide bed head and 4 am lights for blood draw
9. Ear phones to drown out the sounds of everything
10. Bottles of water to get hydrated

jaimers

Super Moderator
I'm like nmw and end up looking like a walking Apple ad with my iPad, I phone, laptop, etc ? I bring my own slippers as well so I don't have to walk around my room and get in and out of bed with just socks. My own toiletries, pillow, multiple changes of clothes/pajamas. I bring a sweatshirt as well because I like to keep my room cold so if I have a coughing fit (I always get so burning hot when I have a coughing fit!) I'm more comfortable.

Liza

We bring sheets, pillow & blanket among many of the things already listed. The jersey type sheets they use in the hospital make my daughter all sweaty and since she's in there for a while, she likes it to be a bit more colorful with her own sheets and blanket. For those of you who said they bring a hot water pot and nutrabullet, they don't get on to you for having them? We tried bringing in our own mini microwave once and they said no. UGH! It would certainly make things so much easier. At the children's hospital in Dayton, OH, the CF rooms had a mini micro/fridge, dorm size. It was the best thing ever! No need to worry about other people touching your stuff! That was waaay back in 2001.

RobinB29

I go buy a cheap twin size egg crate foam mattress topper ($12), makes a huge difference in those beds, my body pillow and my quilt, a case of coke, my Xbox and games, tablet, laptop, a notebook, nail polish, an external hard drive loaded with movies and TV shows, cables for hooking stuff up and a power strip, sleep mask and ear plugs....I basically move in for two weeks. The only thing I don't do is decorate the place. It works though. We get a wagon and my husband goes up and gets my room ready while I'm finishing admission paperwork downstairs. I try to stay in a routine too, I get up at 7 am, shower, dress, do my hair and makeup (Mama always said feeling like crap doesn't mean you have to look like it too.) An then I eat, do treatments and have a few hours of free time. Sometimes I bring a yoga mat and a few free weights for when I get feeling better. I have four kids....I take full advantage of the time I have in there to focus on my physical and mental health. :)