Co-pay assistance for cayston

triples15

Super Moderator
Hey Mike,

Can I ask what pharmacy you get Cayston from? I ask because I get mine from CF Services and have had repeated problems with them billing things correctly. I'm wondering if there is a chance they billed it to the assistance foundation incorrectly, or at all? Last I filled Cayston, mine was still only $25 after the patient assistance through gilead kicked in.

I do know, however, that there is a max amount the gilead assistance will cover, but I'm not sure what that amount is. When I was on our High Deductible plan we had to pay cash for meds until we had reached our $3,300 deductible. When I filled Cayston in January before we had met the deductible, my copay was still several hundred dollars even after Gilead paid.

I'd suggest giving the pharmacy a call just to double check that you are being charged correctly, if you haven't already. ;)

Good luck, hope you get it sorted out.

Autumn 33 w/cf

PS, also you probably know this already, but if you qualify, the Cystic Fibrosis Patient Assistance foundation would pick up that $353 copay after the Gilead program pays. That's what I've had going on for the last few years. I obviously have no clue what your financial situation looks like, but with the CFPAF you qualify if you make up to 400% of the federal poverty level, which is a lot more generous than most. http://www.cfpaf.org/

ClassyMike

Thanks guys, I'm going to follow up with the suggestions. I really enjoy hearing the advice each of you have picked up along the way.