An Overstock of Extra Enzymes

Lance2020x

Hey everybody!

I don't know if this is even doable or kosher (maybe there are legalities?) but I've been organizing all my meds and I have a MASSIVE back stock of Creon 24000 and Pertzy 16000.
Some of it may be expiring (I've never noticed any difference with expired enzymes) soon.

Anyway I have a HUGE backstock. Is it possible to give these extra away to someone who needs them? Is that legal or kosher? And if so, is there anyone having trouble with insurance or what ever who could use a bunch of enzymes?

LunaFaith

Just a guess on my part, but since the enzymes are proscribed I'm pretty sure it's not legal. On the other side I know several people who are willing to help if they have back stock and know someone who needs it. I guess it's up to the risk your willing to take, I hate wasting meds, expecially once they've been paid for, and disposing of perfectly good meds just bothers me, expecially knowing how hard it is for some people to afford their meds

QTPie

Yes, please talk to your care center since i'm sure they know of folks who could use them. That'll also provide some peace of mind knowing you're not unintentionally doing harm since you've checked with the medical folks who can exercise their professional judgement in determining who these enzymes could go to.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
With Albuterol (we got a 3 month supply before switching to Xopenex because it made DS jittery), our CF doctor said they can't give to others in US, but they were able to use for their work in Africa, so we brought in and she gave to the team that does volunteer work there. With enzymes, not sure if there is a need in a country the doctors do work in.

schmj4910

There is a Facebook group called "CF Supplies" where people can list meds or supplies for sale or to give away free for shipping cost. I have given away quite a bit in that group and everything went smoothly. First, you have to join the group. Then, list your stuff. When you have an interested person, ask them to message their email address to you. Then, send them a Paypal invoice for the shipping cost. After they pay, you can print a shipping label right from Paypal.

There are a few people on there looking for enzymes. There is also a lady who takes things to Mexico for CF patients there who don't have access to modern medicine.

ehtansky21

I know someone in New Zealand who would benefit greatly from the Pertzye!!! Message me if you would be willing to send it to her and I will get you in contact with her

blessings,
missa

F

FlyGirl

Enzymes desperately needed

I have CF, live in Africa and in desperate need of Pertyze 16000. I have friends in USA. Do you have any left? If so, how can I contact you to arrange delivery to my friend in USA who will post to me.

sincerest thanks

Hey everybody!

I don't know if this is even doable or kosher (maybe there are legalities?) but I've been organizing all my meds and I have a MASSIVE back stock of Creon 24000 and Pertzy 16000.
Some of it may be expiring (I've never noticed any difference with expired enzymes) soon.

Anyway I have a HUGE backstock. Is it possible to give these extra away to someone who needs them? Is that legal or kosher? And if so, is there anyone having trouble with insurance or what ever who could use a bunch of enzymes?

Lance2020x

Thanks for the GREAT responses everyone. I've been out of town on a business trip and will be back later this week and able to give more focus to these responses, but thanks again for all the info!