bipap users

Mr CFX

So finally started bipap a while ago and now im past the adjustment period so want to ask a few things to others who use it.

I was put on it as i suggested the idea as i was always tired in the day and had a lack of energy and my sats werent great even with oxygen. So because i had to up the o2 levels to 6L on idle and 12-15 when moving it made me retain co2

My levels started on:

IPAP : 17
EPAP : 4

This was to get used to a pressure i felt comfortable with but i was told the goal was to slowly keep upping it as i get more comfortable with the higher pressures and they want me to aim for 20 or even 22 if i can handle it as apparently the higher the number the more co2 it will clear

Now i had the sleep study done with the above levels on 17/4 and it did bring the co2 level down but by a very small amount hence why they said to work towards higher pressures so you see the gains the bipap can bring.

Well since being on the bipap the only gain ive noticed is that my sats are definitely a few % higher in the day and dont drop as much when doing certain things but i still have a lack of energy and sleep more than i am awake which is causing issues with weight gain and all sorts so im eager to fix it as when i get a full day everything gets done properly.

The thing is when reading about nearly everyone elses experience with the bipap it seems to be a miracle worker and everyone feels incredible and has energy and better lung function plus can do more phsyically etc I've read amazing experiences

So can you all tell me what levels you are on and how your bipap experience has been and what it has done for you

And also were you ever told the same that the higher pressure the more co2 it would expel as i really wish i could get used to higher rates if it meant less co2 and a better chance

Please be as detailed as possible!