Pseudomonas Fluorescens?

ChristyLee619

My 12 month old son just tested positive for Pseudomonas Fluorescens and I'm just very confused with what it means exactly. His doctor explained to me that he would start on Tobi and that it's not to be taken lightly. I am so scared and confused and was just hoping to hear from someone that can tell me about it and what it means for my son..

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Ds cultured this at age 5 or 6. Hasn't cultured it since. Was on Tobi already, didn't have symptoms. Good your doctor is being proactive.

I also recall when ds first cultured pseudomonas a. Pretty much just brought home the reality that ds really did in fact have CF. It's a worry when they culture something new and having to add yet another medication.

ChristyLee619

It sounds like you keep him very healthy! So glad he hasn't cultured it again. What was he already on Tobi for? I thought it was just for positive cultures? My son doesn't have any symptoms either. Hoping the Tobi works for him!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS came home from the NICU with an Enterbactor Choclae (sp) bug which caused bronchitis so he was put on tobi and an oral med. Then a month later he cultured nonmucoid pseudomonas. He'd cultured it off and on for several years --- his doctor wanted so many clear cultures before he'd consider taking him off tobi, so his cultures were clear and then it'd pop up again.