Get a new Hill-Rom Vest garment every year for maximum benefit

ladybird

Hi all

Just wanted to say I just got a new Hill Rom vest garment after my last one started leaking air, and what a difference! And not just in terms of the air leak being fixed. The fit is much better, even though it is the same size, as the old one had been so pulled and stretched due to 3-4 treatments a day. I got my last one about 2 years ago, but now wish I had replaced it much sooner.

The old one also rode up really high and I had to keep yanking it down. The new one does not.

Given the vest is the way most CFighters get their mucus clearance, I think this is really important.

Hill-Rom (now called Advanced Respiratory) offers free life-time Vest garment and tubing replacements and will ship overnight. They also have life-time warranty on the device, so you can get it replaced if yours is acting up.

Get the most out of your vest treatments and replace your vest today! Plus, calender a date one year from your order date to get a new one.

P.S. the new Vest garment has a plastic bladder and a separate fabric covering that is washable and much more comfy than the original version, so also make sure you replace yours if you still have the old one.

Great point, thanks so much for sharing! I'm going to order a new one for my son as it's been a couple of years and I bet his vest is stretched out, we use the heck out of that vest!

ecsnut

Hi there...Hill-Rom does not have a lifetime warrenty...it is a limited warrenty. I used to have the HR vest and now have the Smartvest....and they also replace anything I need and recently updated me with my new small and quieter version..its generator blows me away...and my treatments are much more effective. I have been very happy with the customer service...remember that there are other companies out there and ask your CF center to try them all on and listen to them...it made a difference for me...glad yours is working for you ladybird.

ladybird

Thanks ecsnut. I would like to have had a choice of vest, but in 2007 was prescribed the Hill-Rom after being diagnosed late in life at 30. Hill Rom rented my ins. co. the vest for 7 years, and only now just billed me for the balance of $9k, which Blue Shield is paying for, so I doubt I will be able to get another vest company's product anytime soon. Blue Shield and its team of deniers will see to that! I would like to get the portable vest machine that just came out.