My niece is in the Hospital

J

juliannazeiter

My niece is 15 years old and she has CF. She is currently in the hospital because she had to have her sinuses drained of all the mucus build up. She has had 3 surgeries. One for the build up. one because she got an infection where she was just drained from. Then she had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics when she took them orally so they had to put picc in her. Well the first time they did it, it didn't work so now today they are trying again to put the picc in. The worst part is, is that they keep poking around trying to do their job. They should do it right the first time. She gets this procedure about every year. She lost her father 7 years ago. But, her step father is great!!! So she knows she has all her family and her friends to support her. Love you baby girl!!!!

Printer

I have a feeling that when the nurses put in a picc line, they really do their best to "do it right the first time".

Bill

cam

I feel ur pain I know how hard it is to go threw this I hope and I pray she gets better and gets to stay out of hospital

My son often has had trouble getting PICC lines put in. Now we have it placed in IR (radiology's version of the OR) and things go much smoother. You may suggest she ask about other plans for the next time she's admitted and see what details you have to have in place to help the next transition go easier.

Picc lines can be tough as the body is building up scar tissue each time a line is placed. The professionals are trying their best, but sometimes you can find other ways to have the patient more comfortable, like conscious sedation, pain meds, etc.