Shortness of breath...

C

Cutecurlz

Ive NEVER had shortness of breath before until I had surgery on September 2nd 2014. I had a tennis ball size cyst on my left ovary that was removed as was my ovary. Since the surgery Ive had shortness of breath, my chest feels heavy and right under my rib cage it hurts. Was told I had an ulcer...got loads and loads and loads of blood work done and it all came back negatve...

Ive had 3 other surgeries in the past and was fine with them. This time in September I was supposed to come home the same day but they kept me over night cause when I fell asleep my oxygen levels fell...now my chest feels heavy and I have a hard time breathing at night when its bedtime and sometimes during the day.

I dont do or take anything for my CF except for my inhaler and enzymes oh and my vitamins...Ive been taking my inhaler a little more latley....

I dont go for another CF appt until December...

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do...

Also Im 46 yrs old with CF and CFRD

Thank you...any and all imput will be greatly appreciated

jshet

I think you should call you cf clinic and bring them up to speed. It sounds like you need to be checked before december, especially since it is not improving. Feel better!

Oboe

When in doubt, call your doctor. Better to be overly cautious and have it be nothing than the opposite.

Melissa75

Administrator
A friend of mine had air in her diaphragm after abdominal surgery (tubal ligation), and she said it was painful. It eventually went away.

I agree with others that you should contact your doctor, because with CF your situation is more complex.

hellen

I'm so sorry that you got shortness of breath post op. From a friend, I know some home remedies can help you get rid of it. I'm not sure but I do expecy this natural treatment will work: Black coffee. It seems odd but really effective. Caffeine is able to ease the fatigue of respiratory muscles as well as enhance the function of airway rather well. You need to consume 1 – 2 cups of strong black coffee to soothe breathlessness and normalize your breathing. However, avoid excessively consuming coffee as it might increase the blood pressure and heart rate. https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-shortness-of-breath/
Alternatively, you can use steam inhalation. Take a bowl and fill it with extremely hot water. Put in some essential oil like peppermint or eucalyptus oil. Put your face above the bowl with a towel over the head. Breathe in the steam deeply for couples of minutes. Moreover, ginger tea or beetroot is also helping.
My suggestions is late, but I hope it be useful for some one else having dyspnea.