Possible recurring collapsed lung?

jshet

Hi everyone. My son had a collapsed lung back in April that required a chest tube. He had no symptoms, only a drop on oxygen while sleeping. It happened while he was having his port placed. He recovered 100%.
last night he began to complain of right shoulder blade pain. He had not done anything to pull a muscle. He was just sitting there, and it started hurting. He has no other symptoms, but it is the same side as the prior collapsed lung.
Just wondering if i should have a concern or not. He seems to go the extreme with everything. Surgeon hit his lung twice when he placed his port, and he bled internally when having his gj tube placed and lost over 40% of his blood supply.
thanks in advance,
jshet

M

madmax33

jshet, Not sure if I can be of help or not but will try. I have done a lot of research on collapsed lungs, Due to my CTs back in march and more recently in Sept shows partial collapsed lungs. Through all my research I have found once you have collapsed lungs you are very prone to have them again. I have SOB and have for some time along with fatigue. Nothing new as it has progressed so I would not have even known, just that it showed up on CT. My pleurisy is what was increasing along with stabbing pains. I am not sure if you would have any symptoms or not, so I would certainly get it checked out .

jshet

Thanks Bill, i took your advice, i did call. Going in the morning fior an x ray or earlier if any symptoms develop. Spoke with the doc. on call they are expecting us first thing.
Thank you madmax33. Appreciate the feedback. He still has no other symotoms except the pain. I will be keeping a close eye on him. Hopefully it is nothing.

musclemania70

Could also be a pneumonia. I had extreme pain on one side of my chest, had an xray in one hospital, nothing found. Had an xray a couple days later at another hospital and the experienced doc found pneumonia.
Be sure you have several xrays with you so they can COMPARE. Some docs just assume when they see something odd it has been there all along and is a result of Years of cf. compare to previous xrays is my advice.
Sorry to hear of ur struggles.