Join Now!!!

Thread: IV zyvox vs oral

IV zyvox vs oral

Doing some reading. Anyone know which is more effective for MRSA, oral zyvox or IV. Just curious. I was reading that Zyvox penetrates lung tissue better than IV Vanco.

0 Not allowed!

IV zyvox vs oral

Doing some reading. Anyone know which is more effective for MRSA, oral zyvox or IV. Just curious. I was reading that Zyvox penetrates lung tissue better than IV Vanco.

0 Not allowed!

IV zyvox vs oral

Oral zyvox is just as effective as IV's but keep in mind when you get IV's Vaco wouldn't be the only one you're on. Usually you get a cocktail.

I've taken Zyvox a few times when I really thought my MRSA was outta control but my Pseudo wasn't. If I think both are out of control, then I'll try a sweet oral combo - think Zyvox and levequin, and if that doesn't perk me up, or if I fall ill quickly after the course is done my fate is sealed; IV's it is.

Zyvox, for me, works really well. It's one of my favorite orals for my MRSA strands.

0 Not allowed!

IV zyvox vs oral

Oral zyvox is just as effective as IV's but keep in mind when you get IV's Vaco wouldn't be the only one you're on. Usually you get a cocktail.

I've taken Zyvox a few times when I really thought my MRSA was outta control but my Pseudo wasn't. If I think both are out of control, then I'll try a sweet oral combo - think Zyvox and levequin, and if that doesn't perk me up, or if I fall ill quickly after the course is done my fate is sealed; IV's it is.

Zyvox, for me, works really well. It's one of my favorite orals for my MRSA strands.

0 Not allowed!

IV zyvox vs oral

Orals ftw. I hate IVs so much. Showers, even with an AquaGuard are not fun at all. Plus in general IVs+alcohol = bad but orals are less hepatoxic/renaltoxic... guess b/c of the lower bioavailablility. We're just trying anything now b/c I am resistant to everything, so I hope the Zyvox works some wonders.

0 Not allowed!

IV zyvox vs oral

Orals ftw. I hate IVs so much. Showers, even with an AquaGuard are not fun at all. Plus in general IVs+alcohol = bad but orals are less hepatoxic/renaltoxic... guess b/c of the lower bioavailablility. We're just trying anything now b/c I am resistant to everything, so I hope the Zyvox works some wonders.

0 Not allowed!

IV zyvox vs oral

Oral and IV have the same exact bioavailability . I however could not tolerate oral Zyvox and had tomdo it IV ....I am resistant to Zyvox now! Ugggg

0 Not allowed!

IV zyvox vs oral

Oral and IV have the same exact bioavailability . I however could not tolerate oral Zyvox and had tomdo it IV ....I am resistant to Zyvox now! Ugggg

0 Not allowed!