Join Now!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mucus?

Mucus?

i barely cough up any mucus which is a problem bc my lungs have gaining more and more mucus, but when i do couch it up its extremely hard and hurts. Is that bad or good i mean what is it ive never seen that happen before.

0 Not allowed!

Mucus?

are you taking something to break it up and liquify it?
    what meds u on?
    every try mucomyst? Its great for short term bashing of hard mucous.

0 Not allowed!

Mucus?

do you mean hard as in difficult or hard as in texture?

0 Not allowed!

Mucus?

Hydration, H2o plenty of it, then I use HTS and mucomyst. This works for me.

Good luck!

0 Not allowed!

Mucus?

they were very hard and gummy very hard in texture which turns out i was coughing up mucus plugs but the very minimal limit of mucus itself which thats what i guess the drs were wiggin out

0 Not allowed!

Mucus?

Sometimes coughing up nothing isn't good.....they sound like mucous plugs. I get them, especially in my left lung, I can feel exactly where they are as they create a dull, achy type of pain... You need to hydrate yourself very well, also, make sure you are doing your CPT, HTS, pulmozyme....anything to liquify that stuff so that you can cough it up. It's better out than in, trust me!

Jenn 40 wCF

0 Not allowed!

Mucus?

yea my drs have me on 3 very powerful antibiotics, hypertonic saline, pulmazyme, albuterol my vest, they even brought in my hospital room a exercise bike and told me to walk, i am still coughing up the bare minimum. the amount is less then half the size of a dime, and it hasn't increased.

0 Not allowed!

Mucus?

So you're not coughing even with the hypersal? Man that stuff gets me chokin' every time.

0 Not allowed!

Mucus?

lilro im coughing very lil and nothing comes out. even with the hypersal.

0 Not allowed!

Mucus?

Have you layed upside down? I know it sounds crazy but I have to do that on my couch and the mucus just drains out. Very gross but sometimes it helps..but if you aren't bringing up anything at more..it sounds like it's really stuck in there..esp. with the Vest (I use it too) and all the other treatments you mentioned..have the drs. suggested a bronchoscopy to clean out your lungs?

0 Not allowed!