Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: air purifiers

air purifiers

We are thinking about buying an air purifier for my 3 year CFers room. She doesn't have any pulmonary symptoms yet and just does the vest 20 minutes a day for lung health. We do albuterol nebs when she has a cold. Do the air purifiers actually help improve lung health?? I know stuff like that is often not backed by any research and I don't really want to shell out the money for one if it isn't worth it.

Any research to support using one??

0 Not allowed!

air purifiers

We are thinking about buying an air purifier for my 3 year CFers room. She doesn't have any pulmonary symptoms yet and just does the vest 20 minutes a day for lung health. We do albuterol nebs when she has a cold. Do the air purifiers actually help improve lung health?? I know stuff like that is often not backed by any research and I don't really want to shell out the money for one if it isn't worth it.

Any research to support using one??

0 Not allowed!

air purifiers

<br />
    <br />Any research to support using one??
    <br />

0 Not allowed!

air purifiers

I've wondered about this as well. We were looking into a UV light system that cleans bugs from your heating and cooling ducts, but again there is no research to be sure if it is worth it.

0 Not allowed!

air purifiers

I've wondered about this as well. We were looking into a UV light system that cleans bugs from your heating and cooling ducts, but again there is no research to be sure if it is worth it.

0 Not allowed!

air purifiers

0 Not allowed!

air purifiers

I'd wondered about the UV light system as well, but never could find out much info about it, except from people who were selling it.

We DO have a whirlpool whispersure air purifier with a hepa filter for DS' room. It was a gift when he was a baby from a relative. Amazing the junk it pulls from the air. Our electric fireplace also has an air filtration system.

Would I have purchased an air purifier on my own? Probably not, but it does seem to freshen up the air in his room.

0 Not allowed!

air purifiers

I'd wondered about the UV light system as well, but never could find out much info about it, except from people who were selling it.

We DO have a whirlpool whispersure air purifier with a hepa filter for DS' room. It was a gift when he was a baby from a relative. Amazing the junk it pulls from the air. Our electric fireplace also has an air filtration system.

Would I have purchased an air purifier on my own? Probably not, but it does seem to freshen up the air in his room.

0 Not allowed!

air purifiers

<br />
    <br />We DO have a whirlpool whispersure air purifier with a hepa filter for DS' room. It was a gift when he was a baby from a relative. Amazing the junk it pulls from the air. Our electric fireplace also has an air filtration system.
    <br />
    <br />Would I have purchased an air purifier on my own? Probably not, but it does seem to freshen up the air in his room.

0 Not allowed!

air purifiers

I have purchased one a year ago and i believe (together with other changes) it made a dramatic difference in my dd's health. She went from getting antibiotics every other month to being symptom free and even getting over colds on her own.

I have a Honeywell with pre filter and hepa filter(that is the only brand of this type available in France).

Concerning UV light, I bought a UV tooth brufh sterilizer. I figured it is better to sterilize with this than not at all. I am not sure about UV light system for the room though.

On the side note, I went to get a second opinion for my dd in Israel, and they have one of those UV light systems in the waiting room, so I guess it must be doing something, although I am not sure about day long use, whether it is safe.

0 Not allowed!