Join Now!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it usually take to get test results?

How long does it usually take to get test results?

My daughter had blood work to check for gene mutations and throat culture last wed.  I turned in her stool sample yesterday.  How long does it usually take to get these results back?  I have a question regarding her stool.  Yesterday it was slimy and today it was fluffy and floating, any thoughts?  Thanks so much for any help.

0 Not allowed!

My daughter had blood work to check for gene mutations and throat culture last wed. I turned in her stool sample yesterday. How long does it usually take to get these results back? I have a question regarding her stool. Yesterday it was slimy and today it was fluffy and floating, any thoughts? Thanks so much for any help.

0 Not allowed!

<p>My daughter had blood work to check for gene mutations and throat culture last wed. I turned in her stool sample yesterday. How long does it usually take to get these results back? I have a question regarding her stool. Yesterday it was slimy and today it was fluffy and floating, any thoughts? Thanks so much for any help.

0 Not allowed!

Throat culture results take 5-7 days. Blood work for the gene mutation take2 longer, depends where they sent it; I think our took 2 weeks. Stool sample; not sure, don't think that would take too long though.

0 Not allowed!

Throat culture results take 5-7 days. Blood work for the gene mutation take2 longer, depends where they sent it; I think our took 2 weeks. Stool sample; not sure, don't think that would take too long though.

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Meant to say blood test for genes took 2 weeks for us

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

DS had a very basic blood panel done at Mayo and it came back within 7 days, if it's more extensive with deletions, sequencing it can take several weeks. Stool sample took about a day or so. Throat cultures 5-7 days as well, though I always request that copies of lab results be mailed to me as well because sometimes the nurse will just call with the results and I like to see what, if anything is growing and sensitivies to antibiotics.

0 Not allowed!