Does Anyone Have Shoulder Pain, "Frozen Shoulder" Especially With Winging?

jcswife

I had pain that wouldn't go away, was not helped by meds and very limited range of motion. It became very difficult to dress/undress, raise my arm, etc and I had "winging" of the scapula. Does anyone else have severe shoulder pain with limited range of motion, been told they have frozen shoulder, nerve damage to the shoulder joint, and especially with any "deformity" of the shoulder with the scapula "winging"? These are the words by my husband, the person with CF. After enduring a lot of pain, very limited range of motion which involved difficulty dressing, and finally physical therapy he found out the vest he uses for treatments is causing nerve damage which caused all the pain and symptoms.

So, if you've been told it is just CF related joint pain or arthritis it might not be.

vbs420

I have the exact same thing!!

First it was in the left shoulder for over a year. Then it mysteriously got better. About 10 months ago it started again in the right shoulder.

No reason. No solution.

I would love to know more.

C

cfgf28

Hmm my fiance has had shoulder issues with his right shoulder for the past couple years too... loss of strength, some numbness and tingling. He did a little physical therapy, didn't help. Dr wanted to put him on celebrex he didn't take it. He still works out, but that shoulder is not as strong as the left one, and he still has issues with overhead triceps exercises with that shoulder... never thought it could be a cf therapy related thing...that would just make him more mad...

W

windex125

I as well had frozen shoulder abt 2yrs ago, did physical therapy and it seemed to help, but the worst was I am a lefty and it was my left shoulder as well, also got the tingling sensation as well, so what is the first reaction to that oh it's my heart? But it wasn't so I continue with the stretches even today, it's still weak but just another pain in the butt thing to take care of. Pat

musclemania70

I do get a sudden stiffness in my shoulder for no reason- usually if i am sitting in a funny position.
However, i think most cf patients have terrible posture from constantly hurling our bodies forward when we
cough. Our backs and shoulders arch forward causing bad alignment and shoulder discomfort.
my theory.