Lungs "in a box" Cool article (does show picture of lungs, if you are squeamish)

azdesertrat

I sure wish that technology would have been available when I was transplanted. I probably wouldn't be running on less than 1-1/2 lungs right now.
The time the donor lungs were outside the body was a huge part of why I've had so many complications.
I will not live nearly as long as I could have had this technology been available. I hope & pray many of today's CF'ers will benefit from this.

athletixbc

Toronto's transplant centre has a machine similar to this to reheat and cleanse donor lungs before they are transplanted. The surgeons told me that it also helps them to see the quality of the lungs more easily. Perhaps that's why their success rate is so much higher than average! :)

D

daniela.l

I'm a new CF'er to this site but I just wanted you guys to know that I have a blog about my transplant journey. I would appreciate it if you would check it out as I barely made it :)
catchingyourbreaths.wordpress.com

-Daniela, 18
delta F508

C

Cale Gilley

Thanks for sharing this is really cool. Thank god for technology makes me feel better about getting new lungs.

schoolcounselor

Daniela.l Your wordpress account is extremely enlightening! I am astounded by your strength throughout your journey. It is very informative for those of us who do not have CF, but are looking for ways to assist those that we live or work with, who are diagnosed. Thank you for sharing your journey!