I finally got up the nerve to watch 65_RedRoses

W

welshwitch

It's been in my netflix cue for months but I've been too scared to watch it. I knew the film would scare the cr*p out of me, and it did. But instead of making me feel depressed, it had an unexpected affect on me.

Time to stop making excuses.

Time to really work on my career.

Time to stop worrying.

Time to live.

Time to stop putting up with non-productive, negative energy in my life.

This film was a real wake-up call. I waste way too much time worrying and not enough time doing. Eva is such an inspiration.

Also: it was important for me to see this film also because it was important for me to see what end-stage CF is really like. And to know that I am no where near that. But also to understand more of the transplant process. Like I said, it was terrifying, but also clarifying. Part of my struggle with CF is all the unknowns and the scary scenarios I create in my head about what is going to happen.

Overall, the film made me cry, but it also made me more motivated, inspired, aware, and brave. I needed that.

D

Dank

Life is exactly what we make it. We can beat ourselves up and feel bad or we can try to make everyday as meaningful as possible. I have my moments as well. I've found my blog helps get things out there, put ideas into organization and rant for a bit. I've also found that having people to talk to helps significantly. I admire that you were able to watch this video, as I have not been able to, and am afraid it'll cause negative thoughts to occur inside me.

Time to live, time to love. The only time that matters is now.

Best of luck to you!

4hats

I saw the film about 6 months ago. I did not realize what the end story was going to be. I thought as I started watching it that everything was going to work out. It was very sad and I cried too. The film may not be for every CFer, depending on their physical and mental state at the time. The film did motivate me however to keep working hard to stay as healthy as I possibly can.