Best Exercises for arthritis

leojoshrun

Hi friends, I am wondering that many people advices to do exercise for arthritis but no one said what kind of exercise.

Any suggestions and advices will be appreciable.

Leo

Melissa75

Administrator
From my experience with individual, not multiple, swollen joints (ankle & elbow tendinitis, bursitis-shoulder), I would suggest strength training to support the joints and limited repetitions or impact. I think I've heard that water exercise is beneficial, too.

When my shoulder was at it's worst, I could only do lower body exercise, but as it improved after a cortisone injection, I would take an NSAID, slap on a salon-pas patch, and then work out, but with the knowledge that I had a limited number of times I could move the joint. So I was able to rock climb (indoor, with ropes, no jumping, calculated moves) for like four times longer than I could take a dance class (arms waving in the air) and a yoga class with tons of "planks" set me back quite a while at one point.

leojoshrun

Thanks for the reply Melissa. It is difficult for me to go for the water exercise because sea beach or swimming pool is far from my place so i will be trying for ground exercise.

Leo

Cyclon

I think Physical rehabilitation and extending excercises are the best workouts for helping the mobility due to long lasting osteoarthritis.
You might seek advice from a physio therapist for appropriate evaluation of your situation and training of the workouts that might help you.

J

jmiebrewr

I want to add that seeing a physical therapist for recommended exercises is probably a really good idea.

I agree with you, it is safe to see first a physical therapist before considering any exercises. but for me, walking is one best exercise. One thing to consider, is also our diet.

basiltone

Today there are several people are suffering with this arthritis problem, irrespective of the gender and also age. This is very painful thing, today we are having several treatments for that, but all are to be in high cost. So another cheap way to manage this one is doing some exercises like Aquatic Exercise, Walking,Tai Chi, Yoga, Stationary or Outdoor Cycling, Jogging and playing Golf etc...

Gemmy

Banned
There are two types of flexible exercises static flexibility and dynamic flexibility. Both can be beneficial to sufferers of arthritis. Static flexibility involves getting into a position and holding it for a minimum of 20 seconds. Yoga is an excellent example of static stretching. Since hatha yoga is the gentlest form, it is frequently recommended for arthritis.

Abden

In this situation your bones need the flexibility do exercise like yoga that is something awesome when it comes to gaining the stamina and flexibility,Stay mentally relax because depression is a disease as well.

Gemmy

Banned
There are three types of arthritis exercises recommended for those with this disease. One type of exercise is called range of motion exercises. These exercises work specific areas of the body and widen the range of motion the body is able to reach.