explain your pregnancy breathing

LouLou

maybe a prenatal massage where they push on your belly lightly might help. I think you should experiment with your arsenal of cf drugs and see if you can find a routine that keeps you feeling less lung discomfort. I have to figure the benefits outweigh the risks with this type of situation.

How's your FEF 25-75 doing this past visit compared with your previous pfts? If it really is your lower lobes getting pressed by baby you willl see a marked decrease in this percentage.

Also, what sort of exercise are you doing? If nothing regular seriously consider a prenatal yoga class. I met this girl today for lunch (blind date) who I met on Craigslist. She highly recommended it. She has a 5 month old and worked out until the week before she delivered which is my goal. Because of the intensity of workshop she was doing at the gym she was having some really bad groin pain from 5 months onward. Prenatal yoga relaxed her and her muscles so she was able to keep up with her exercise routine.

Take care sweetie.

tara

Christian,

I'm new to the site, but wanted to add my experience. First, my doctor switched me from Albuterol to Xopenex. There are two strengths of Xopenex and during pg, I was on the lower dose. Maye you should look into it. I was never told to restrict my use of any neb. I'm pretty sure I only used Xopenex twice a day during pg though. Maybe 3 times if I was feeling tight.

As far as SOB goes, I never felt it related to pregnancy. I did get sick around 20 weeks and inhaled antibiotics help a ton! I was on inhaled Aztreonam the rest of the pregnancy from 20 weeks to 38 weeks, when I delivered. (like TOBI it was taken 30 days on BID, 30 days off) As huge as I was, I never had the pregnancy interfere with my lungs. Or maybe I just didn't notice. I never went into labor and I delivered healthy twins at 38 weeks in October 2004. And my PFTs were higher than they had been in years when I delivered (FEV1 in the mid 60's) My baseline before pg was mid 50's.

Hope some of this helps.

Tara

tara

Christian,

I'm new to the site, but wanted to add my experience. First, my doctor switched me from Albuterol to Xopenex. There are two strengths of Xopenex and during pg, I was on the lower dose. Maye you should look into it. I was never told to restrict my use of any neb. I'm pretty sure I only used Xopenex twice a day during pg though. Maybe 3 times if I was feeling tight.

As far as SOB goes, I never felt it related to pregnancy. I did get sick around 20 weeks and inhaled antibiotics help a ton! I was on inhaled Aztreonam the rest of the pregnancy from 20 weeks to 38 weeks, when I delivered. (like TOBI it was taken 30 days on BID, 30 days off) As huge as I was, I never had the pregnancy interfere with my lungs. Or maybe I just didn't notice. I never went into labor and I delivered healthy twins at 38 weeks in October 2004. And my PFTs were higher than they had been in years when I delivered (FEV1 in the mid 60's) My baseline before pg was mid 50's.

Hope some of this helps.

Tara

tara

Christian,

Hope some of this helps.

Tara