I can't find this post... Help please

julie

I'm awful with names so please forgive me!

There was a post a while back, I can't remember if it was on this pregnancy section or the partners one. But it was a female who's DH had just recently been diagnosed with CF after infertility problems. Does anyone remember this post or username? I've met another woman who is in the same situation and thought I might connect them.

THanks,

julie

There was a post a while back, I can't remember if it was on this pregnancy section or the partners one. But it was a female who's DH had just recently been diagnosed with CF after infertility problems. Does anyone remember this post or username? I've met another woman who is in the same situation and thought I might connect them.

THanks,

julie

THanks,

LRL

Hi Julie-
I do not know this person, but had wanted to ask you a question. I had contacted you a while ago because my husband has CF and we are going through IVF. This may be a personal quesiton, but I was wondering. Do you know if the blood level hormone checks (i.e. testosterone) are a valid indication of sperm activity or if they are not valid due to the CBAVD? In other words, does a lower level indicate an issue beyond CBAVD or is it just another CF relation? If this helps, I think they said his "proactive?" was normal.
Thanks so much. We were really moving forward and I don't know what this means (the doctors are out until Monday).
Thanks

LRL

Hi Julie-
I do not know this person, but had wanted to ask you a question. I had contacted you a while ago because my husband has CF and we are going through IVF. This may be a personal quesiton, but I was wondering. Do you know if the blood level hormone checks (i.e. testosterone) are a valid indication of sperm activity or if they are not valid due to the CBAVD? In other words, does a lower level indicate an issue beyond CBAVD or is it just another CF relation? If this helps, I think they said his "proactive?" was normal.
Thanks so much. We were really moving forward and I don't know what this means (the doctors are out until Monday).
Thanks

LRL

Hi Julie-
Thanks

julie

Mark had a number of abnormal (low, almost non-existant) testosterone results. They put him on Clomid and Arimadex which helped raise them. I personally think it has/had to do with the CF medications he was on. Either Tobi or Colistin or both. The doctor didn't agree, but doctor's aren't always right. We didn't have him do tobi or colistin for 90 days prior to his sperm retrieval because that is how long it takes new sperm to regenerate. We did this of our own accord though.

So, if you are going with the theory of low testosterone = little to no sperm, it's a yes an no response from me. I say this because had we not done the clomid and arimadex treatments, then who knows if his testosterone level would have increased and if he would have had the good sperm retrieval that he did. All we know is that we did the clomid and arimaxes, his testosterone levels increased and the retrieval (months later!) was successful.

Sounds like they are talking about his prolactin level. Its' good that it's normal. They should also test his thyroid, just to rule out any other issues. If that comes back normal too, ask the doc about starting him on some clomid and Arimadex. Check out the links on this page for some further testing that he should have done: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cysticfibrosismaleinfertility.com/Where_to_begin_otherTests.html">http://www.cysticfibrosismalei..._begin_otherTests.html</a> Particularly the FSH and LH as clearly he's already had the testosteron.

So I'd ask his doc to run the FSH, LH, and Thyroid now. And then if those are normal (if they are abnormal then they can indicate an underlying problem), Rx him the arimadex and clomid.

Let me know if you have more questions.

julie

Mark had a number of abnormal (low, almost non-existant) testosterone results. They put him on Clomid and Arimadex which helped raise them. I personally think it has/had to do with the CF medications he was on. Either Tobi or Colistin or both. The doctor didn't agree, but doctor's aren't always right. We didn't have him do tobi or colistin for 90 days prior to his sperm retrieval because that is how long it takes new sperm to regenerate. We did this of our own accord though.

So, if you are going with the theory of low testosterone = little to no sperm, it's a yes an no response from me. I say this because had we not done the clomid and arimadex treatments, then who knows if his testosterone level would have increased and if he would have had the good sperm retrieval that he did. All we know is that we did the clomid and arimaxes, his testosterone levels increased and the retrieval (months later!) was successful.

Sounds like they are talking about his prolactin level. Its' good that it's normal. They should also test his thyroid, just to rule out any other issues. If that comes back normal too, ask the doc about starting him on some clomid and Arimadex. Check out the links on this page for some further testing that he should have done: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cysticfibrosismaleinfertility.com/Where_to_begin_otherTests.html">http://www.cysticfibrosismalei..._begin_otherTests.html</a> Particularly the FSH and LH as clearly he's already had the testosteron.

So I'd ask his doc to run the FSH, LH, and Thyroid now. And then if those are normal (if they are abnormal then they can indicate an underlying problem), Rx him the arimadex and clomid.

julie

LRL

Hi Julie-
I just wanted to tell you that we went to the doctor. It turns out the nurse from the urologist's office my husband spoke to was not acccurate. While his testosterone is very slightly low (but still within the range), his FHS. LH and prolactin are all normal. The IVF doctor feels there is nothing to worry about!!!!! YAY!!! Anyway, I wanted to share this with you as you were so kind to respond back.

LRL

Hi Julie-
I just wanted to tell you that we went to the doctor. It turns out the nurse from the urologist's office my husband spoke to was not acccurate. While his testosterone is very slightly low (but still within the range), his FHS. LH and prolactin are all normal. The IVF doctor feels there is nothing to worry about!!!!! YAY!!! Anyway, I wanted to share this with you as you were so kind to respond back.

LRL

Hi Julie-

blindhearted

I remember the post julie, but coming up blank with a username. I will keep a look out for it.

Edit : FOUND IT!!! It's in Adult. "32 y.o. male - only diagnosed with CF after experiencing infertility", the user is wonderlust.

blindhearted

I remember the post julie, but coming up blank with a username. I will keep a look out for it.

Edit : FOUND IT!!! It's in Adult. "32 y.o. male - only diagnosed with CF after experiencing infertility", the user is wonderlust.

blindhearted