irregular and wanting to get pregnant

mom2lillian

Hi ladies

Just read through most of this thread. I just found this site tonight and am very excited. I am looking for other moms who have CF and children to chat with I have so many ?'s --- I just posted a new thread to this end but I also have somehting to offer in the fact that I just had my first child and my husband and I tried for a while to have her.

We went from just going of BC pills to timed intercourse to charting and ovulation sticks then I started taking mucinex to get in the guafesin effect then I finally saw a reproductive endocrinologist because I was ovulating irregularly and nothing was working. We did 4 months of femara and ovidrel then 2 months of clomid and ovidrel which did not work for us. THen we found out my husband had a sperm issue so it was not just me! We did IVF in Mar 2006 and were successful 1st time thankfully. I have alot of information if anyone is interested let me know what you want to know.

I also have very strong advice/opinions on reproductive help when you have CF due ot the risk of multiples, you need a very good doctor following you to help reduce the risk of multiples as we are already at higher risk for early delivery and complications etc and you really need to know all the possible options risks etc.

mom2lillian

Hi ladies

Just read through most of this thread. I just found this site tonight and am very excited. I am looking for other moms who have CF and children to chat with I have so many ?'s --- I just posted a new thread to this end but I also have somehting to offer in the fact that I just had my first child and my husband and I tried for a while to have her.

We went from just going of BC pills to timed intercourse to charting and ovulation sticks then I started taking mucinex to get in the guafesin effect then I finally saw a reproductive endocrinologist because I was ovulating irregularly and nothing was working. We did 4 months of femara and ovidrel then 2 months of clomid and ovidrel which did not work for us. THen we found out my husband had a sperm issue so it was not just me! We did IVF in Mar 2006 and were successful 1st time thankfully. I have alot of information if anyone is interested let me know what you want to know.

I also have very strong advice/opinions on reproductive help when you have CF due ot the risk of multiples, you need a very good doctor following you to help reduce the risk of multiples as we are already at higher risk for early delivery and complications etc and you really need to know all the possible options risks etc.

mom2lillian

Hi ladies