What song do you relate your CF fight to

atamplin07

I have a couple different songs I relate my Cf too. Christina Aguilar's "Fighter'; Brad Pasley's "When I get where I'm going" and The Band Perry's "If I die young".

mikorankin

"Jump Rope" by Blue October. It points out the obvious that there will be struggles and accomplishments. It also allows me to act silly with my girls since they love it too. And when I turn it up loud, you can hardly hear me cough.

IdeaWorks

A good one would be I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty.

We are fielding an anonymous one question survey for CF patients or caregivers. Information will be used to help develop tools to assist those affected by CF. To take the survey click http://bit.ly/LGa1g0

Someone mentioned ealier about Genetic Imancipation from Repo: the Genetic Opera but I think Infected would be a better song from there.

I'm infected by your genetics
I'm infected by your genetics
And I don't think that I can be fixed
No, I don't think that I can be fixed
Tell me why, oh why are my genetics such a bitch?

and then a little later in the song,

How much of it's genetics?
How much of it is fate?
How much of it depends on the choices that we make?

CrisDopher

RainbowBright: TOTALLY Born This Way. Great pick!

I commented a while ago that for me the go-to song is It's My Life. Last Sunday I did the TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour and brought a GoPro along with me, for timelapse stills. Monday I made a video of the ride. Guess what I used for a soundtrack?? *laugh*

You can watch it if you want, here:

For those of us w/ CF, the ride is good! Not a race, but a long day of exercise.

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
With thw help of my 25yr old nephew intoxicated by music I now hav all the CF songs. What expression, the accumulation eclectic music oddlu the same theme. Songs old enough I'm embarrased to pull the music from my memory upon reading the title of some one's choice to Polish Black Death metal's latest tune.

My song "Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd. The Wall"
Top Poem; Invictus - the original full length version

T

Tracy390

Im a Cfer mom of Beautiful Soul. When Amber was having her transplant the song I had heard before & related to her was "Streets of Heaven" by Sherrie Austin. Some of the lyrics go...

Hello God, it's me again. 2 a.m., Room 304.
Visiting hours are over, time for our bedtime tug of war.
This sleeping child between us may not make it through the night.
I'm fighting back the tears as she fights for her life.
Well, it's must be kind of crowded,
On the streets of heaven.
So tell me: what do you need her for?
Don't you know one day she'll be your little girl forever.
But right now I need her so much more.
She's much to young to be on her own:
Barely just turned seven.
So who will hold her hand when she crosses the streets of Heaven?

And the other song...after I donated a kidney to her was "In my Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride. She truly was "sent to rescue me" . Both those songs have so much meaning for me.

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
To: Tracy390
Are you sure you didn't write "Streets of heaven"? Considering what you and Amber were doing, it is as if the song was written just for you. Sometimes in a CFer's life a song, philosophical axiom, or a poem pours into that angry void in our souls, like a festered boil, a stranger who most likely unaware of the constant daily fight not only for life, but battle to appear normal, whatever that is.
There are times, hidden in a safe place we lance that boil and wash it clean in a flood of tears. As every CFer knows our tears are not ordinary tears. Tracy, the situation with such clairvoyant lyrics you shared hit me hard. Then again, what made this question fill the data limit day after day these songs reach that angry void. You took a risk that is monumental. Kudos.

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
To: Tracy360, (Cont'd)
When I was 8, a playground game went bad and I ended in the hospital with a "bruised" kidney. They didn't hospitalize a patient w/bruised kidney for a week then or now. Rather ignorantly, the doctor popped Xrays up on the viewer, and as my big ears and eyes tuned in, he drew his finger around one kidney and then the other. The concern was if the kidney, resembling two pieces could be saved or whether part or all of it was to die. Although privately frightened, I shared the room with a boy of 10 with a shotgun wound to the back of the head. I lay wide awake hring my first death rattle. As soon as he began making noise, I called the nurse station. In quiet pandimonium, the doctor ripped the cast from his small head and with a respiratory crash cart and his medical bag, quietly prolonged his life long enough to understand his next stop was Heaven. The boy died, a girl in isolation died the day before I was discharged. Earlier in the week a couple rooms of boys talked our parents into buying gifts. The birthday party was sweet. Half the cake and ice cream was diverted prior to going into isolation. Years later when my little sister ended up in pediatric ICU, I realized, this is where I spent my worried week. We all die, that in part defines us. Those of us who endure the supreme inconvenience (CF) interfering with our lives as we try to minimize CF and live the most normal lives we can.

1BumLung

Great conversational question @Live2Breath!

Enjoying people's answers. Can relate to many of them. Music just does something deep.

For me it's been "Breathe" by Hillsongs. When oxygen just isn't enough. The lasting source of strength and purpose for each day.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
"Hero" Mariah Carey

"The Climb" Miley Cyrus

"Change" Taylor Swift

"A New Day Has Come" (radio Remix version) Celine Dion

idkillu4adollar

I love its the Climb by Miley Cyrus, my niece introduced it to me when she was 5 with her love of Miley and I disliked her from things I'd read and it changed my mind. Very Good choice.

For me I think the song I relate me CF to is Christina Aguilera - Fighter because it's made me as strong as I am and if I didn't have it, I don't know what kind of person I woud be.. or if I would be able to overcome everything that I have.
When I have a shitty day, I listen to Joshua Radin - Brand New Day and I feel OK again

T

Tracy390

Littlelab, You are so right when saying the song was made for us. It still makes me cry today. When Amber was in the hospital (around age 11 or 12) I couldn't sleep one night & wrote a poem while watching her sleep. It just came to me, so easy. I guess it was all the emotions I had bottled up. Here is the poem:
As you lay in bed so helpless and weak, I talk to God & ask those questions I so desperately seek.
Why must my baby suffer each & everyday. She struggles to breathe & in bed she just lays.
What did such an innocent child do to deserve this fate. I think of her CF & how this disease I've come to hate.
God I can't imagine the thought of my child no longer in my life. Please don't make me feel as if my heart has been cut with a knife.
Please give me the everyday pain she must endure, And God please help us come up with a cure.
There are so many people who love Amber, so many who care. My baby girl has never done anything wrong to justify all she must bare.
So God if you must take my baby away from this world, Promise you'll give her wings & allow her to soar.
I know there are reasons for all that you do. I just can't figure out the when, why & who?
I read this to Amber's school when we were raising money for the CF walk. It had even the 11 yr. old children in tears. It was just how I felt at that moment. I'm sure you all can relate to that.