new jersey cf care

ponytails

Can anyone tell me about new jersey medicaid? Are there state assistant programs for cf? Also curious about home delivery pharmacies and cf centers. We are thinking of relocating to red bank, NJ. Does anyone live in nj but go to chop? Thanks! Plus any additional info, pros and cons about nj living are greatly appreciated.

R

rb1973

I have private insurance,so I cannot comment on Medicare/ Medicaid. Red Bank isn't too far from Monmouth Medical Center, which has a CF center; I go there. No complaints, I like the doctors and the staff and the care I receive. Check njsocf.org for info on aid.

Pros of living in NJ: has just about everything, and close to NYC (I'm in the northern half of the state).

Cons: property taxes are astronomical, extremely liberal dealing with criminals, high cost of auto insurance.

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but I've lived here most of my life. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Mike Brown

Can anyone tell me about new jersey medicaid? Are there state assistant programs for cf? Also curious about home delivery pharmacies and cf centers. We are thinking of relocating to red bank, NJ. Does anyone live in nj but go to chop? Thanks! Plus any additional info, pros and cons about nj living are greatly appreciated.

Hey what's up, I'm from the area and also have medicaid. Medicaid has been great for me, covers all my prescriptions so far and appointments and haven't had to even pay a co-pay yet for any of it.

I go to the Robert Wood Johnson adult CF center in New Brunswick, NJ because that's where I was diagnosed. The doctors there are very caring and supporting, I highly reccomend it, but to be fair have no other cf center experiences to compare it with. They are above and beyond any other doctors I've seen overall though.

Beccamom

I live in New Jersey near exit 5 of the turnpike and my daughter goes to CHOP and I go to Unniversity of Pennsylvania. Smoke CHOP doctors are good and some are aweful. I love the whole Penn team for me.