looking for other that want to connect

brendacof

I am a mother of a 9yr old son who would like to talk go others living with cf. I am just wondering if anyone be interested in becoming his online friend or have any other ideas. He just wants to be able to talk with some one who really understands what he is going through. What are your thoughts?

jricci

Super Moderator
Hi Brenda,

I’m an adult with CF. I think it’s a great idea to find your son someone his age to connect with online. I’m sorry he’s feeling alone. I think everyone can agree that it helps tremendously to find someone with shared experiences when you’re going through tough times. I’ve contacted my local CF center in the past about helping to start up a buddy program of some sort for kids, but it never worked out. If you don’t hear back from someone on this forum, try contacting your local CFF chapter. They may be able to put you in touch with someone that has expressed an interest in something similar.

My clinic has a facebook page and recently posted information about an online site for people with CF of all ages to connect. It looks like there’s Skype, and games like Club Penguin, Mindcraft, and Roblox to play with other kids with CF. I think it's a new site, so I'm not sure if it has many users, but it’s worth a try.

Here’s the site:
http://www.cfadventurers.org

Good Luck and I hope he finds a CF friend soon.

jpear1977

Group chat

I am a mother of a 9yr old son who would like to talk go others living with cf. I am just wondering if anyone be interested in becoming his online friend or have any other ideas. He just wants to be able to talk with some one who really understands what he is going through. What are your thoughts?

I think we have tried to do this before. But I know my son has not wavered in wanting to speak with someone. What do you think is best. Trying to set up a hangouts/skype date or making their own facebook profiles with a page just for them? My son is only 10 so i won't let him have a facebook for everyday use- LOL