Thomas Randall Snider - Remembrance

randford

On August 19, 2005, Randy Snider lost his battle with Cystic Fibrosis at the young age of 15. He was a brave soul. He battled everyday just to live and through the pain, he made us all smile. He gave us all a purpose. We love and miss him very much.

A website was created in his memory to celebrate his life and bring awareness to CF. The theme is based on his most favorite video game, Halo. He was a huge fan and played all the time. It offered an escape from daily struggles of CF. As it turns out, the word "halo" is actually Greek/Latin for "salt". Salt of course plays a key role in cystic fibrosis. As loosely depicted on website, CF genes creates a defective protein that prevents the proper flow of salt and fluid in and out of cells. So in essence, CF is sort of a war on salt or "Halo" war. You may also hear somber music called, "Remembrance" and it is from the game, Halo.

Randy bravely battled Cystic Fibrosis the same way he battled Halo. He was the "Master Chief" of the game and won all the battles but eventually lost his battle with CF...and there was no replay. So in his honor, we give great tribute to a fine young man who loved life and loved the game.

Please take a moment on this special day to remember Randy. Rest well angel. We love you and miss you. We will continue fighting this battle in your honor and the honor all CF angels.

www.randysnider.com

azdesertrat

He's in our prayers. Thank you Lord for the time you allowed.
He doesn't always let us know of His plan but I'm sure Randy fits in that plan somewhere.
Randy is but one example I cite of people better than I who don't make it to transplant.
I have no clue why I have been spared while a young man like Randy is not.
The Mystery is not ours to know.
Take comfort knowing that Randy is at the Right Hand of his Lord.

P

patrish22

It's a "crap-shoot" disease. My girl did not make it to transplant and lost her battle last month at the age of 26. My prayers are with you, thank God they are in a better place, out of pain, free from this disease. Why some survive and others don't will always be a mystery to me. There are many who are compliant, get excellent care, and still leave us. You are so right that we don't always know what the "bigger" plan is. I do know that I learned so much from my girls. Love and peace randford, and to all who knew and loved Randy.

randford

I really appreciate your words. Imagine how I feel. He died a few months shy of 16 and I'm almost 50. I would gladly trade places. Who am I? Heck, I don't deserve to be here. We both have the same desease. I live and yet he dies. It makes no since to me. He suffered more than I, although it's finally catching up to me. I carry guilt every day of my life that I'm alive and he's not. I visit his grave every week, knowing I could have done more. We all could have done more to save him. And let me tell you. I didn't fully understand how he really felt until I walked in his shoes with my diagnosis and now I walk in his shoes every day. So what little suffering I do in miniscule by comparison. All I can do now is to help others until it's my time to go. It's my only purpose now. Beyond that, nothing much matters.

He's in our prayers. Thank you Lord for the time you allowed.
He doesn't always let us know of His plan but I'm sure Randy fits in that plan somewhere.
Randy is but one example I cite of people better than I who don't make it to transplant.
I have no clue why I have been spared while a young man like Randy is not.
The Mystery is not ours to know.
Take comfort knowing that Randy is at the Right Hand of his Lord.

randford

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. She was your angel. She fought a long battle. I agree with you. Why some survive and some don't is a mystery to me as well. No child should ever go before their parent. But I just don't understand why God allows this. Please don't be upest with me, I mean know disrespect to anyone, including God but I just don't undestand it why he allows children to be born to suffer. I just don't understand it. I cannot reconcile it and I've found no suitable answer...for me at least. I cannot find peace with it. Maybe someday but it's tough.

It's a "crap-shoot" disease. My girl did not make it to transplant and lost her battle last month at the age of 26. My prayers are with you, thank God they are in a better place, out of pain, free from this disease. Why some survive and others don't will always be a mystery to me. There are many who are compliant, get excellent care, and still leave us. You are so right that we don't always know what the "bigger" plan is. I do know that I learned so much from my girls. Love and peace randford, and to all who knew and loved Randy.