CF Vitamin Shortage

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Ds has been taking SourceCF for years. Last month they were unavailable, but I was able to get the soft gels. Every source I check for either appears to be back ordered and now it appears Aquaadeks are also unavailable. I've got enough soft gels for 2 months. Looked into Vitamax; however, the ADEK levels are sorely lacking. Would need to take 3 chewables for equivalent levels, except b vitamins are the same. Ate there any comparable Vitamins out ther?

M

Murphysmama

I just ordered liquid aquadeks (pediatric) for ds from cystic fibrosis services pharmacy without issue.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Murphsmam --- Ewww! So glad ds no longer is on those. He didn't seem to mind, but the smell of those drops made my stomach churn. And thank you Ry, did some checking online and did find other sources for the aquadeks, plus I'll check with our pharmacist when we open that last bottle. Again I'm just shocked that Vitamax can market/sell a "cf" vitamin that seems to be so lacking in essential CF vitamins.

LeChampion

Ditto on the AquaDEKs - I get vitamins free from CF Care Forwards...mail my receipt when I order my CREON from Caremark and they mail me two free bottles. I called them today (CF Care Foward) they are mailing out Aquadeks until shortage is over.

I can tell a difference when I go off of them...more sluggish and tired etc.