Surprising Results with Essential Oils! Give it a Go!

T

TheSaltyOne

**This by no means is "official" help for CF. This is simply my experience and what I have discovered from personal use. Sorry for the lengthy post but it is worth reading. Also, I'm trying to help and post this to a lot of my CF forums so it might be filled with some obvious info.

MY PROBLEMS: I have not had many issues until 5 years ago. For the first couple of those years I was required to have 2 week hospital admissions for IV antibiotics every few months, then as time progressed and my lungs continued to scar my admissions became more frequent causing more resistance to various antibiotics. A big problem with today's antibiotics is that the bacteria build up resistance to them and the antibiotics begin to not work as well as they once did. The bacteria in my lungs have built up a lot of resistance to antibiotics that I used to be able to use, which made me feel great, and now they barely make me feel better, if at all. For the past almost year and a half I was in the hospital every 2 weeks for a 2 week admission with the same bacteria that I usually grew in my lungs (MRSA Staph and Pseudomonas) while being treated with IV antibiotics because it seemed oral antibiotics weren't strong enough to fight off my infections anymore.

MY SEARCH: So only being able to stay out of the hospital for 2 weeks at a time I began to weigh my options and look around for what could help, if anything. I began seeing a reflexologist as I heard they could be of help and I didn't have much to lose as long as it didn't involve stopping any of my treatments. I didn't see immediate benefits but that doesn't mean it didn't help. The reflexologist also happened to be a essential oils distributor for young living. She urged me to try the oils and so I gave it a shot. I first began applying Oregano (I was told it was very good for antiviral and infections) to my feet numerous times each day, I had to be admitted again during this time period, and although I did not see a huge improvement it did seem like I felt much better much quicker on the same antibiotics during this 2 week admission (felt better in 1 weeks time where it normally takes 10-12 days to start to feel an improvement). The only difference was that I was using the oregano oil. This surprised me but I was still skeptical cause it wasn't CERTAIN that the oregano oil helped, just probable. I continued to use the oregano oil twice a day but still ended up in the hospital 2 weeks after I was released so I began to lay off of it and somewhat let down that it didn't seem able to keep me out of the hospital.
I kept looking for options and answers and after extensive research and testimonials I decided to try the oils one last time but this time with a diffuser instead of just topically. I began getting sick again, went on a road trip to visit family for a couple of days and knew as soon as I got back I would have to be admitted once again. Luckily I received my oils diffuser in the mail by the time I got back and picked up my oils beforehand.

WHAT WORKED: The oils I used were Thieves, R.C, Lemongrass, Melaleuca alternifolia, Oregano, and Frankincense. I used these particular ones because I have read about how they are antiviral, anti fungal, and/or killed bacteria, especially Lemongrass/Melaleuca killing MRSA Staph and Thieves killing Pseudomonas. I used 5-10 drops of each oil then filled the rest of the bottle up with distilled water until it reached about 3/4 of the bottle. For the next 3 days I diffused these for 2-3 hrs per day and rubbed lemongrass and thieves on my feet morning and night. On the 4th day I felt great! No kidding.. I was shocked. Still am seeing how I have been diffusing them for 4 days straight then taking a few days off and repeating and have stayed out of the hospital for 7 weeks and 1 day now!!! This is the longest record since over a year ago. Within the 7 weeks I have started to fill ill twice and both times I felt great after diffusing and applying to my feet for a few days. I am so thankful and amazed to find these oils being so beneficial. I plan on continuing to use these essential oils and hope to stay out longer and longer.

NOTE: I am not a distributor for Young Living, have done my research and have read many many forums on what essential oils companies are reputable and which are not. Young Living essential oils are all I have tried so far and I have had success with them. I am currently searching for a less expensive company but will admit they definitely work.

NateJS345

Hi Salty,
I have a quick question or to two. :) What are you using to diffuse them with? What kind of bottle are you using?
Thank you

aandrwest

We had similar results with my 8yo son who had first cultured pseudo in August of 2012. After 1 1/2 years of constant failed attempts of eradication with ABs I was at my wits end so tried using Thieves on his feet morning & night and diffusing for a few hrs every night as he slept. 4th March he had a clear test come back and me being paranoid got another done last week and it has come back clear too!!
I too used YL oils but made my own thieves style oil as it was way cheaper to mix it up myself.
I too have looked for cheaper oils with the same qualities as YL but can't seem to find any so I just joined up as a distributor solely for the big discount ?.
I hope you continue to feel better.
Bec
?

T

TheSaltyOne

NateJS345 - I'm using a essential oils diffuser. The one I picked after a lot of reading on what kinds there are and which one I thought would work best for me based upon my condition and price wise was the Aroma Ace Diffuse. I'm sure you could google it easily but I found it on amazon for about $150. It comes with two of what I call bottles or vials I guess. They are darkly tinted and hook on to the back of the diffuser. I put whatever oils I want to use in there and fill the rest with distilled water.

aandrwest - Sounds awesome. I am looking to buy Aromatics Internationals essential oils next. I have read great reviews and a lot of hype on how much people trust them and believe they have great quality. If I do not see the same if not better results with these then I'm sure I will be forced to pay for YL oils also. If you don't mind though, how much do you usually pay for oils being a distributor or I guess how much of a discount do you get? Is there any catch or what all am I looking at if I were to become a distributor? Please note... I am not planning to sell to other individuals, I'm just doing this to help me with CF and do not know of anyone else wanting oils. So please take that into account if you think I would be saving a lot of money becoming a distributor. I have just read that you end up with a stock pile of oils because you have to buy so many from YL if you want to actually save money.

laneyb

more info please

Hi thanks so much for posting your story. I am very interested and excited to try this also using this thieves oil. I have CF and would try anything to eradicate pseudomonus.
I have a couple of questions, do you rub the oil directly onto your feet and when do you do this? My other question is how exactly do you diffuse the oil, in an oil burner in the room you are in or do have a special machine for it to ensure you are breathing it in?
I am Irish lady with CF leaving in France. I looked up the oil, thieves oil and looks like I should be able to buy it very easily here.
I look foward to hearing from you .

NateJS345 - I'm using a essential oils diffuser. The one I picked after a lot of reading on what kinds there are and which one I thought would work best for me based upon my condition and price wise was the Aroma Ace Diffuse. I'm sure you could google it easily but I found it on amazon for about $150. It comes with two of what I call bottles or vials I guess. They are darkly tinted and hook on to the back of the diffuser. I put whatever oils I want to use in there and fill the rest with distilled water.

aandrwest - Sounds awesome. I am looking to buy Aromatics Internationals essential oils next. I have read great reviews and a lot of hype on how much people trust them and believe they have great quality. If I do not see the same if not better results with these then I'm sure I will be forced to pay for YL oils also. If you don't mind though, how much do you usually pay for oils being a distributor or I guess how much of a discount do you get? Is there any catch or what all am I looking at if I were to become a distributor? Please note... I am not planning to sell to other individuals, I'm just doing this to help me with CF and do not know of anyone else wanting oils. So please take that into account if you think I would be saving a lot of money becoming a distributor. I have just read that you end up with a stock pile of oils because you have to buy so many from YL if you want to actually save money.

laneyb

this sounds so good. I am going to try this as to eradicate pseudo would be so great! I am an Irish lady living in France. I'm excited to try this. I have a hospital appointment in 2 weeks, I wonder if results would start showing or is that too soon.
can you tell me did you rub oil directly onto your son's feet? or do you need to mix with water? how do you diffuse the oil at night? I would like to start doing this asap. thank you for your post.
elaine.

aandrwest

The only catch is you have to buy a $45 start up kit which has a few oils in it and advice on how to use oils. The discount is around 28% on most things. I too am the same, I have no intention of selling to others or making $$ from the oils. If friends or family want anything I'd always give them the discount price.
I was lucky enough to meet a lady who is seriously crazy about these oils and they have an online program called young living university where you can watch clips they have made on how to use these oils for every ailment under the sun!! They also have a wonderful Facebook page that has even more experts who are full of great advice- they are serious power sellers though which does get a bit tedious but it's a small price to pay for their great advice ?
if you are keen to join as a distributor and join their team let me know (as with any selling scheme like this you have to join using their seller ID ?. Either way joining as a distributor with or without using them you will only have to pay the start up kit fee of $45 then you get the discount.
ps I'm in Australia so not sure if the $45 a flat rate all over. I'm pretty sure it is though.

aandrwest

this sounds so good. I am going to try this as to eradicate pseudo would be so great! I am an Irish lady living in France. I'm excited to try this. I have a hospital appointment in 2 weeks, I wonder if results would start showing or is that too soon.
can you tell me did you rub oil directly onto your son's feet? or do you need to mix with water? how do you diffuse the oil at night? I would like to start doing this asap. thank you for your post.
elaine.

Hi Elaine,
I rub the oil directly on the soles of his feet. Just a few drops on each foot and I pay attention to the reflect points for the lungs & Bronchi on his feet. I'm not sure the the reflex points actually work, but can hurt right?!! Here is the chart I found and now use. I also diffuse the oil in a cold air / water diffuser. The best ones are the ones Salty mentioned above however I couldn't afford one of those and feel this one is working. Just need to use filtered water and obviously keep it clean.
Good luck with it.
Bec
View attachment 400

T

TheSaltyOne

Yes, some say to dilute the oils with a carrier oil (such as pure vinegar oil) but I have always just rubbed a couple drops on the bottom of each foot morning and night without using a carrier oil, or sometimes if I am in a hurry I will rub a couple drops on my wrists instead.

I diffuse the oils using a essential oils diffuser. You can google them and it is important to do so and do all your research before completely trusting just one post but I searched and bought the "Aroma Ace Diffuser" and you want to be careful when buying essential oils because some companies aren't as reputable and trustworthy as others and may claim their oils are 100% but actually are not and could be mixed with things or diluted already. These products are not regulated by FDA so essentially they could write whatever they want on the bottle but it is important to do your research and see other people's opinions and reviews on whatever company you choose to get your oils from before just trusting what the company is advertising. I personally have searched my health food stores locally and have done research on each company I came across and read many forums that believe that those companies' oils are "decent" but not nearly as potent or therapeutic as others.
Of course this isn't a huge deal for most people but people like us with a life threatening disease.. I don't want to waste my time buying something that is "decent" and may or may not work. I make sure I do my research and buy my oils from the company that I believe has the most potent and 100% pure essential oils for the best price I can find so that I know I gave it my best shot on whether the oils work or not and I'm not stuck wondering if they would have worked if I tried a "better" brand of essential oils.

T

TheSaltyOne

You never know, mine seemed to work in just a few days but everyone is different. I would think 2 weeks time would have some sort of improvement. When I rub the oils on my skin I do not dilute with water but when I combine the oils in one bottle together and diffuse them in the diffuser I fill the rest of the bottle or vial with distilled water so that the oils last longer. Typically one vial with 10 drops each of 4 different oils and mixed with distilled water will last me about a week or so.
My particular oils diffuser has a timer of how long you want it to stay on and how long you with it to be off for plus a switch for the frequency or "strength" it diffuses at. I usually will diffuse oils for 10 min on and 10 min off for a 2 hour period with the strength set at less than half so that the oils will last me throughout the week. I do this every night and sometimes if I am feeling bad will do more though out the day when I am just sitting on the couch. I also put the diffuser on the coffee table and lean towards it when I hear it kick on so that I am breathing in all I can.

T

TheSaltyOne

The only catch is you have to buy a $45 start up kit which has a few oils in it and advice on how to use oils. The discount is around 28% on most things. I too am the same, I have no intention of selling to others or making $$ from the oils. If friends or family want anything I'd always give them the discount price.
I was lucky enough to meet a lady who is seriously crazy about these oils and they have an online program called young living university where you can watch clips they have made on how to use these oils for every ailment under the sun!! They also have a wonderful Facebook page that has even more experts who are full of great advice- they are serious power sellers though which does get a bit tedious but it's a small price to pay for their great advice 
if you are keen to join as a distributor and join their team let me know (as with any selling scheme like this you have to join using their seller ID . Either way joining as a distributor with or without using them you will only have to pay the start up kit fee of $45 then you get the discount.
ps I'm in Australia so not sure if the $45 a flat rate all over. I'm pretty sure it is though.

I see. Thank you for all your info. I do like the network Young Living has but like you said it's almost a huge sales scheme and they seem to want to sell sell sell instead of help help help. But their oils have definitely worked for me so can't complain too much. I am going to try the alternative company I have decided on and see what I think but will definitely let you know if I decide to become a distributor if the Aromatics International ​doesn't seem as good. Thanks!

Helicopter Mom

Thanks, all of you who have posted, with your essential oil results. Have any of you heard of, or tried the brand 'do-TERRA'? I am ready to give this a whirl, for my kid - and was all set to try the do-TERRA. Maybe I'll do a bit of research on the YL brand first, though. Again - THANKS for sharing.

T

TheSaltyOne

Yes I have heard of DoTerra. They're apparently a big rival of YL but at the same time I have read people branched away from YL and founded DoTerra. So possibly same quality just different companies. Either way I have read many reviews that DoTerra works great too. Both are expensive and both have good hype and testimonials for their health benefits. I think either one would work but I can only speak certainty for YL considering that's all I've tried.

laneyb

Hi Thank you all for your messages. I finally bought a diffuser and found the oil. I couldn't find the 4 thieves oil but my husband did some research and found a study that was done using chinese cinnamon oil that eradicated pseudomonus and staph so I have started using that. I only started last night so fingers crossed it works for me too. The diffuser I am using has the following description so I hope it's a good one, Technology: ultrasonic, room size 25 sq.m can have up to 6 hours running time and it has timer too or I can choose it to alternate to come on for 5 or 10 minutes and go off for 10 minutes. I had it on a small table directly in front of me last night so the oil was was close to me and i should have been breathing in most of it!
I have a hospital check up on Friday and i'll ask my doctor to test my sputum samples and tell her what I have been doing. Might be too soon for any changes to sputum but we'll see. Should I be feeling anything if the oil is working to eradicate the pseudo? just curious to know how you felt when sputum was free of pseudo?

T

TheSaltyOne

Hi Thank you all for your messages. I finally bought a diffuser and found the oil. I couldn't find the 4 thieves oil but my husband did some research and found a study that was done using chinese cinnamon oil that eradicated pseudomonus and staph so I have started using that. I only started last night so fingers crossed it works for me too. The diffuser I am using has the following description so I hope it's a good one, Technology: ultrasonic, room size 25 sq.m can have up to 6 hours running time and it has timer too or I can choose it to alternate to come on for 5 or 10 minutes and go off for 10 minutes. I had it on a small table directly in front of me last night so the oil was was close to me and i should have been breathing in most of it!
I have a hospital check up on Friday and i'll ask my doctor to test my sputum samples and tell her what I have been doing. Might be too soon for any changes to sputum but we'll see. Should I be feeling anything if the oil is working to eradicate the pseudo? just curious to know how you felt when sputum was free of pseudo?

Awesome. I have tried cinnamon before but only topically. I did not have it when I bought my diffuser. Your diffuser sounds identical to mine so ya I'd say it should work just fine. As far as feeling anything... i dont know. I was having fevers, chills, and my oxygen SAT was low (around 89% on 2 Liters of oxygen) for about 3 or 4 days before I started using the diffuser. I was just about to go to the hospital when I decided to give the diffuser a couple days to see if it changed anything and by day 3 I felt pretty darn good and didn't need oxygen anymore. Also, please note I did not have any sputum cultures done to show that the pseudo was gone, I simply had read that these oils killed pseudo and staph so when I was having an exacerbation I gave the diffuser a shot and felt tons better in a few days of diffusing. I have been to the clinic since and did cultures but have not heard back the results yet but they did not call to put me on antibiotics or anything so I guess thats a good sign. But my weight was up and my PFT fev1 stats were improved (not dramatically) so that was a good sign.
Another good sign is that my ENT doc said my sinuses were the best he has seen since he began seeing me quite a few years ago. I did not tell him about the oils, just smiled and said it was good to hear. (I have CF chronic sinusitis of course along with my CF and have had quite a few sinus cleanouts/surgeries due to it)

ALSO ​IF ANYONE ELSE TRIES THE ESSENTIAL OILS TREATMENTS PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD WHAT YOUR RESULTS ARE AND WHAT ESSENTIAL OILS YOU USED SO THAT WE CAN HAVE MORE SUPPORT AND SPREAD THE WORD OF WHAT IS HELPING US.

T

TonyaH

Can anyone on this thread share experiences with essential oils for the treatment of mycobacterium abscessus?

grammakaky

Hi everyone, Im a grandmother to 2 girls with cf and I've been using essential oils for little over a year. We use a salt lamp with a built in diffuser for buring essential oils. This is the website we get ours from. The Munio oil is considered her theives oil. We are going to try the next step in rubbing the oil on feet at night, which some of the cf moms say they are starting to do. We will see how it goes. Here is the website I use. Came recommended from another cf mom.
http://www.bestpinksalt.com/

shellbell

This is such great information and thank you for posting. There are so many natural therapies that I wish the medical community would study and endorse but unfortunately there is no money in it. I usually am hospitalized twice a year. I started taking a specific brand of Turmeric that I heard was the best and I have gone one year and one month without hospitalization. And I can breath easier with less tightness. I have read about Turmeric being good for anti inflammatory ad specifically for CF and now I am t true believer!

ymikhale

This is such great information and thank you for posting. There are so many natural therapies that I wish the medical community would study and endorse but unfortunately there is no money in it. I usually am hospitalized twice a year. I started taking a specific brand of Turmeric that I heard was the best and I have gone one year and one month without hospitalization. And I can breath easier with less tightness. I have read about Turmeric being good for anti inflammatory ad specifically for CF and now I am t true believer!
I remember seeing a post over here a few years ago by someone who was also using Tumeric for a while but stopped b/c of some article that found Tumerc could cause cancer in high doses. Not to scare you or anything but I would Google it just in case.