andrdyb

I've been married since 1988 and I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor. I have a PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision. Daily trying to balance work, teaching, relationships and faith while grieving the sudden loss of our daughter to CF. Thankful to have enjoyed 22 years with my daughter who had CF considering there was a day when that age was not a possibility. We went in for what we thought was a normal exacerbation and 12 days later - she was gone. A wonderful gift for her, but a devastating loss for us. I take comfort in knowing that she is breathing free and clear now. The teen years were really rough for us. For that reason, I chose to study how to better transition teens with CF through those years for my doctoral dissertation. Hoping to share some really great insight from patients, family members and medical staff that will help others have an easier time than we did. Losing her on 10/14/11 made finishing the project really hard but it was my tribute to her so I pushed through to graduate on 5/6/12.

Reading, Art, Singing