Recent content by AUG19DW

1. A

Severe Pancreatitis

Just a small word of advise. Please dont take narcotics if there is any way possible you can deal thru the pain. Because you get so used to one then have to go to a stronger one and so on and so on. And you become an addict. Hate to use that word but that is the only way to descibe it...
  2. A

Severe Pancreatitis

My son had very severy pancreatitis. He started at age 12 and at age 15 he had started having attacks twice a month. The one GI removed his gallbladder to see if it would help even though the gallbladder was fine. Of course it did not but not only that it made him start having continous...
  3. A

Pancreatitis

My son is 23 now and he started with Pancreatiitis at the age of 12. We didnt know he had CF until he had gotten worse with the episodes at age of 14 and went to several GI's and then one found out he had CF. He has the mutation 2789+5g>a and F508. Also my daughter was diagnosed after...
  4. A

Headaches

5. A

4 year old - G551D - Pancreatitis

My son started when he was 12 and we did not know he had Cystic Fibrosis till the age of 15 when he had a really bad pancreatitis attack and had test after test ran and found out he had CF and had my daughter tested and she also has CF. Now my son was a very rare case in which he became worse...
  6. A

Help Insurance Question!

FYI in case anyone wants to know and this saved us alot of money in copays and max out of pockets. We only pay for health ins. only and do not pay any copays or copays for meds or anything. The way we did this is I put my daughter on my health ins. and then on her dads as a secondary ins. that...
  7. A

What is STOOL FOR FECAL FAT test?

The dr. office can give you a kit. Which is a plastic bucket, or hat as they call it and 2 wooden sticks and a small cup like you would pee in to put the sample in the bag they provide. the 2 wooden sticks are to pick the poop up to put it in the cup. Then you take it to the dr.'s office.
  8. A

When do you keep your kiddo home from school?

I totally agree. Send them to school. If you keep them home for every little cough then they would start missing alot of days of school and unless you have a dr.'s excuse they are counted against them. When they have a fever and very tired and just run down then yes keep them home by all means.
  9. A

Newbie here feeling very alone & depressed with CF

Yes my daughter was 11 when we had her tested because my son tested positive. We thought she just had asthma but thought wrong. Her PFT's were 70 at the beginning but with meds. and the vest and all she is up to 99 now. She is now 16 and has been in the hospital about once a year average...
  10. A

Newbie here feeling very alone & depressed with CF

I have a son that was diagnosed with Pancreatitis at age 15 and found out he had CF and also my daughter was tested and found positive for CF also. I do get where you are coming from about being devastated with the diagnosis. And just to let you know my son had the Total Pancreatectomy/Islet...
  11. A

Facing a complete pancreatectomy

Hi. My son started with pancreatitis at 12 and we found out he had CF at 15 when he started getting pretty bad. The GI here removed his gallbladder to see if it would help and it got worse and worse to the point he was pain 24/7 for 2 years. We went to numerous GI's and they all gave up on...
  12. A

Rude Hospital Nurses

Some nurses or dr.'s have no place in this field. If they dont have compassion they need to find another job. My son dealt with Pancreatitis since he was 12 and also CF and let me tell you we have dealt with some very rude nurses and dr.'s. When it comes to Pancreatitis it is different than...
  13. A

Parents with CF who have children with CF

I have 2 children with CF and the dr.'s at CF clinic told me to keep them as seperate as possible. Keep tooth brushes away from each other. Preferably in diff. bathrooms. Do not drink out of a cup and put it in the fridge to save for later. Do not use the same Pari. Do your airway clearance...
  14. A

any parents out there dealing with CF adult children that have given up

My son is 21 and he had Chronic Pancreatitis since he was 12 and we found out he had CF when he was 15 due to the Chronic Pancreatitis. Also had my daughter tested for CF and she tested positive at 11. So he has been down a long and dark road allready but I kept telling him it had to get better...
  15. A

New Wearable Airway Clearance Device

I sent an email to the company and it is $10,000. Wow! I pasted the email below: Dear Ms. Donna Williams, Thank you for your interest in our new G5 FREEDOM Airway Clearance System. We are excited to provide proven, reliable, effective G5 Directional-Stroking Percussion in a wearable...