Recent content by Byron

1. B

sense of smell/taste

I've had 7/8 sinus surg. to remove,scrape nasal polyps. I have lost nearly all my sense of smell, the only things I smell are coffee perking, or my nose has to be right over the pot of food cooking. On the other hand; in referance to the Muco-myst thread, you don't taste terrible meds. Byron
  2. B

Mucomyst (acetylcysteine)

My mother use to use Muco-Myst w/ my sis 30 somewhat years ago.Thats when C.F. patients were still ordered to sleep in tent w/ humidity an infuse the Muco-Myst into the humidifier. I've had to inhale some through a neb a few times; but the worst was having to drink 20ml. x 2 a day on MON...
  3. B

lung exercise wat do u think

I have bought one that goes by the name "POWER LUNG"..I can't really say wethere or not it did me any good.It was pre Tx an I was allready to far gone. I hadn't even opened the box.So my nephew who runs track figured "what the hey" an tried it out...he noticed he had better enduarnce later after...
  4. B

Pre & Post Transplant Questions

Did you gain a lot of weight from the steroids? Is that the norm? Did you keep the weight gain? <b>Initially yes; but it comes off just as fast if you keep up with excercise.</b> What was your health like immediately pre-tx? <b>I was sucking down O2 @ 6 liters canula an sometimes a vinny mask...
  5. B

**Favorite Video Games?**

Ninja Gaiden,Tetris,All Mario Bro games...Karnov, Duck Hunt...almost all old NES games. And any pinball I can get my hands on.
  6. B

Exercise Examples an workout templates an info galour

www.exrx.net has all sorts of info concerning exercise, as for as what exercise for what bodypart, stretches an other general info thats great for all around health.Hope this helps some, I just found it an interesting site an wanted to share.Byron25/m/Post Tx/CF
  7. B

buddies

Theres online communities you can join also;but shoot me an email if you'd like, @b_mnl@yahoo.comByron25/m/Post Tx/CF