Recent content by Cdodd0110

1. C

F508 & d110h

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! I'll be praying for you and your baby. Second, I'm soooo glad to hear of another symptom free child with the same mutations. PS, I also have an 11 yr old who does not have CF.
  2. C

F508 & d110h

My son was diagnosed through the newborn screening. His sweat test was 43/58. He had "borderline" results after two sweat tests. My daughter's sweat test was in the 70's/80's. We were actually told that she was a carrier when she was 6 wks. after her newborn screening showed the F508 mutation...
  3. C

F508 & d110h

I realize that I rambled on but I also felt that I should mention that I had to push for my 5 yr old to be tested. The head pulmonologist basically told me that it it was all in my head when I told him my daughter had very salty skin. "You probably just think she's salty", is what he said to...
  4. C

F508 & d110h

The Dr. Prescribed a vest for my 5 yr old(diagnosed at 4) ....who has no cough, wheezing, breathing troubles, oxygen is always 100%, x-rays are clear. Because I'm very skeptical about the treatment that has been suggested. I asked if it was necessary for us to fill that rx at this point in...
  5. C

F508 & d110h

My 6wk old son was diagnosed last August. He has both of these mutations. The only symptom he has is his salty skin. My two older daughters were tested after my son's sweat test came back positive. My 5 yr old(whose newborn screening showed she was a carrier) was diagnosed in Sept of last year...