Recent content by cflawyer

1. C

Those who have applied to disability

Federal loans are not automatically forgiven if a person receives Social Security benefits. The person will have to complete forms obtained from the entity that provided the federal loan. The treating physician will typically have to compete a specific form indicating his or her medical...
  2. C

Beth Sufian's guide to insurance

I just want to make sure everyone knows that the Guide to Insurance published by Gilead many years ago is now outdated. We are in the process of obtaining funding to produce an updated guide. In the meantime, please contact the CF Legal Information Hotline at 1-800-622-0385 or email...
  3. C

Marriage

Approximately half of all states do not require an insurance company sell a Medicare Supplement policy to someone who is receiving Social Security Disability benefits. Therefore, that may not be an option in your state. Medicare Part B is the section of Medicare that covers outpatient services...
  4. C

disibility

Contact the CF Legal Information. Hotline at 1-800-622-0385. Or email CFLegal@sufianpassamano.com The attorneys there can tell you what you need to know. The CF Social Security Project may be able to help with an application. The Project typically gets people with CF approved in 3-4 months.
  5. C

Trouble with Social Security & trying to get off disability

Sorry, I was actually referring to musclemania's comment. Please email me and we can set up a time to talk today. Always happy to help anyone with CF. It is my passion in life.
  6. C

Trouble with Social Security & trying to get off disability

Then you are calling the wrong number. Our number is 1-800-622-0385. This is Beth Sufian. I am the Director of the CF Legal Information Hotline, an attorney and I am 49 years old and have CF. I have dedicated my entire legal career to representing people with CF. I have helped thousands of...
  7. C

patients are denied Kalydeco and sue

http://nyti.ms/1yEDq04 Today's New York Times op ed on price of Kalydeco. Must read.
  8. C

Trusts-Benefits

The CF Legal Information Hotline cannot draft special needs trusts for a person with CF. The Hotline can only give information about legal issues people with CF face such as setting up a special needs trust. If you did not get a full explanation when you called please call back.
  9. C

Trusts-Benefits

I think the prior post confused a special needs trust with a trust set up as a result of a lawsuit settlement for a child under 18. The prior poster sounds like she will have settlement money put in a minor settlement trust and the trust could also have characteristics of a specisl needs trust...
  10. C

Trusts-Benefits

You can call the CF Legal Information Hotline at 1-800-622-0385 or email CFLegal@sufianpassamano.com. The Hotline is sponsored by the CF Foundation. All contacts are free and confidential. A child with CF can qualify for SSI benefits if she meets certain medical criteria and lives in a household...
  11. C

Call the Midwife

The episode that aired in the U.S. on Sunday was about children with CF. They don't figure out the kids have CF until the end but I figured it out about 15 minutes into it. Highly recommend it. You can find it on the PBS website.
  12. C

Appealing an SSI denial

The CF Social Security Project (CFSSP) has no limit on the number of cases it can take and the service is provided FREE to people with CF. The CFSSP is funded by the CF Patient Assistance Foundaton, a subsidiary of the CF Foundation. CFSSP typically takes cases at the application stage...
  13. C

Private long-term disability interview

The number for the CF Legal Information Hotline is 1-800-622-0385. Or email CFLegal@sufianpassamano.com All contacts are free and confidential. Contacts and calls are answered by the Director, Beth Sufian who has been an attorney for 24 years, is 48 and has CF.
  14. C

GI doc needed in CT

I have been reading posts for a while and I know people are interested in information about the Affordable Care Act, medicare, Medicaid and coverage for CF care and medications. The Webcast described below is today at 2pm eastern time. Sorry I was not able to post as a separate post. Printer...
  15. C

Webcast on Insurance and CF TODAY at 2pm Eastern Time

Webcast Today at 2pm eastern Time!! Insurance and CF Do you need to know about new Medicare coverage rules? How to get help paying Medicare co-pays and deductibles? How to obtain an insurance policy that will cover all of your CF needs? How to get your current insurance to pay for your...