CFsonofaCFdaughter

My mother had CF.

Her father and mother were both nurses.

My grandfather ended up starting the dept. of "Inhalation therapy" now known as the Respiratory Therapy Dept.

As far as I know, he and Peck Ross, a friend of his in the medical equipment business, worked together to make the compressors and humidifiers they invented for CF patients.

My grandmother lived to be nearly 98 and outlived four of her children due to CF and one of her grandsons, my own brother.

My grandp0arents were instrumental in getting the local CF chapter of the Quad Cities in Illinois and Iowa.

When my mother died at 58 I think she was at the upper level of life expectancy with CF at the time.

Her name was Kay.

Astronomy, Music, Cosmology, astrophysics, biotech, biochemistry, genetics, bicycling

Signature

Male (but gender fluid).

My mother was F508del/F508del and I'm pretty sure my father was a carrier of d1152h (although he might have been homozygous d1152h).

So I'm F508del/d1152h diagnosed at age 49 several years after my mother died. First symptoms at 26, chronic pancreatitis at age 27. At age 29 a persistent cough and "over active mucous membranes" was what the doctors said.

Trophies

1. 1

First message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.