Recent content by ChaosEst1979

1. C

Coronavirus and Trikafta

Has anyone become ill or heard of someone that has contracted coronavirus that is currently on Trikafta? I spoke to my Vertex rep today and we were curious if the CF population has been extra careful in avoiding germs and is staying healthy or if people on Trikafta are contracting the virus and...
  2. C

Trikafta Q&A, Experiences, etc.

Ratatosk, I did read (after I posted) that a diet high in fat intake can cause oily hair. That makes sense why I would be noticing the difference in my hair now suddenly. I had to switch shampoos and conditioners in addition to washing my hair more frequently.
  3. C

Peter, I have two copies of F508, to answer your question. How about you?
  4. C

Weird question here but did anyone notice changes in hair? My hair is suddenly super oily lately and I am wondering if it has to do with processing vitamins/nutrients differently on Trikafta now.
  5. C

Day 8 for me on Trikafta. From day one on the meds, I noticed no longer having any GI issues and loving that part! I also noticed I now have increased energy and better breathing today. Still haven’t had a purge period to date. My doctor’s office said not everyone has one, but I still...
  6. C

Trikafta with no purge???

I am on day 8 with no purge yet myself. I have weird headache but could also be from other meds so not sure which it’s from. Otherwise, no side effects. All GI issues have been corrected since starting meds from day one and I am noticing a big increase in energy and better breathing at day 8...
  7. C

I had a Doctor appt to start the Trikafta on the 9th but instead was admitted into the hospital on the 10th. I have mrsa in my sputum and rhinovirus so they wanted to treat me with IV antibiotics and steroids first to get my PFT’s up and rebuild my body a bit first. I actually started the...
  8. C

Hail2Pitt thanks for letting me know!
  9. C

Were any of you able to start the Trikafta while dealing with a current lung infection, or did you have to clear up the lung infection first before starting the Trikafta medicine? I am supposed to start the medicine at my next doctor visit on Monday, but I can tell I have a lung infection again...
  10. C

Kenna2.... I had pretty much everything you can think of... body aches, fever, severe diarrhea, severe vomiting, terrible itching all over, a horrible cough that just didnÂ’t quit and made me vomit more, extreme fatigue where I couldnÂ’t get out of bed (which always pairs great with diarrhea and...
  11. C

Thank you all for your questions and responses. I took the first two modulators briefly and had horrific side effects to both causing me to stop them within the first two weeks. I have been very afraid to try Trikafta honestly. However, hearing your stories here has made me really want to give...