Recent content by CJPsMom

1. C

Rude Hospital Nurses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Murgie</b></i> " Maybe this is why you cant manage his health care at home"..I am so angry.</end quote> This sentence would have me asking for whoever is overseeing the nurses on that floor and asking to be reassigned to another...
  2. C

What to do when G-tube doesn't help

Are you doing continuous feeds? Our son wasn't able to tolerate the continuous feeds, so we switched to bolus feeds overnight. He now gets 2 6.3 ounce bolus feeds overnight (he's 20 months). That helped us, but not sure what your situation is.
  3. C

Nothing But Hope

One of the women I work with has a daugther whose best friend has CF. They are 18 and she plays lacrosse, is incredibly healthy and doing well. When she was born, they were told that she'd be lucky to see her teenage years. That was 18 years ago when they told parents the life expectancy was the...
  4. C

When/What treatments?

Our little one has been on HTS since he was about 10 weeks old. He does it once a day, the 7% solution at (I think) 4 mL. It should take no more than 15 minutes with Pari machine - if it takes longer, get your machine checked. We had this problem and our compressor was bad. I was amazed at...
  5. C

Possible Meconium Ileus update

That's fantastic news!! Hope you have a healthy baby on your hands!
  6. C

Hang in there - there is life after MI. Our little one is 19 months old now and for people who don't know us, they have no idea he's ever had any issues! And I also caution about being panicky because my mother-in-law is very panicky and at one point, she didn't listen well when she was bedside...
  7. C

I commend you on getting more information and trying to be more informed. We went through meconium ileus as well, with surgery 2 days after birth, ileostomy for 2 months, reattachment surgery and doing well now. The surgery can have complications and it is on a newborn and it's very scary, but...
  8. C

Sould we be doing breathing treatments

That's really strange on the note from Hopkins. We go to Hopkins as well and have been on preventative treatment since our little one was 10 weeks old. He got his first cold, they prescribed HTS & albuterol and that was that. He's been on it ever since. He's 18 months now and other than a...
  9. C

Should I push for testing?

Get tested - just in case. We had no family history either and we have a little CFer. The early years are critical and weight gain plays a huge role in lung health. I'm surprised your doctor isn't concerned that your little one is only 12 pounds at 6 months. A healthy infant should double its...
  10. C

Should I push for testing?

Get tested - just in case. We had no family history either and we have a little CFer. The early years are critical and weight gain plays a huge role in lung health. I'm surprised your doctor isn't concerned that your little one is only 12 pounds at 6 months. A healthy infant should double its...
  11. C

can anyone recommend a good vaccuum

We have a Dyson and it's been amazing. We have the one for pets (DC 25, I think). The attachments aren't great, but the suction is incredible. The first time I used it I was horrified at how much my old vaccuum had left behind. And it's bagless & super easy to empty.
  12. C

can anyone recommend a good vaccuum

We have a Dyson and it's been amazing. We have the one for pets (DC 25, I think). The attachments aren't great, but the suction is incredible. The first time I used it I was horrified at how much my old vaccuum had left behind. And it's bagless & super easy to empty.
  13. C

HELP

While we haven't had this happen to us, one of our friends through the CF clinic had a similar experience - no symptoms, went in for what they thought was a healthy visit and wound up admitted that evening with pneumonia. So, pneumonia can be there with no symptoms. As for the albuterol, my...
  14. C

HELP

While we haven't had this happen to us, one of our friends through the CF clinic had a similar experience - no symptoms, went in for what they thought was a healthy visit and wound up admitted that evening with pneumonia. So, pneumonia can be there with no symptoms. As for the albuterol, my...
  15. C

Could we be on the road to CF?

The others are right in getting the testing done. I'll also let you know that the enzymes don't necessarily clear up the constipation. My little guy is 15 months old and on enzymes & Miralax daily.