Recent content by Doglover

1. D

Medicare- Is there ANY way to get HOME IVs covered?

Can you please give me the name of your supplement plan and the cost. We have been going through enrolling in medicare and the drug costs are unaffordable on top of what a supplement costs. Just creon, Humalog and one other are 500.00 a month. Also what state are you in?
  2. D

Can someone please clerify before my appointment Regarding Genitic Testing.

If I were you I would call Stanford immediately and see if you could schedule an appointment. You said they were willing to see you, and they can tell you if you need a referral. I would have them do all the testing since it is what they specialize in. We know many adults that go there, some...
  3. D

Can someone please clerify before my appointment Regarding Genitic Testing.

With all the symptoms you have that are consistent with CF and having a positive sweat test I would not hesitate to have the full sequencing done. You said previously the Dr you were going to see would only give you a diagnosis if you had a common mutation. This sounds ridiculous given there...
  4. D

Adults and older CF patients regarding the CF centers and getting diagnoised.

If I were you I would at least contact Stanford. 650 498-6840 and run your situation by them ( the fact you have had two positive sweat tests, but that the Dr says he does not think you have cf do to your age). They can at least tell you what you would need to do to in order to be seen by them.
  5. D

Adults and older CF patients regarding the CF centers and getting diagnoised.

I think you said you were being seen at UC Davis. It would probably be worth driving the 2 hours to Stanford. They are one of the top clinics in the country and I believe I heard they actually have more adult patients then pediatric patients.
  6. D

High-Deductible Health Plan Question

We have a high deductible HSA plan and love it. Once you hit your max (ours is 6000.00) you do not ppay another penny for anything. The only downside is you usually pay 100% of all bills for first 3000.00 or so and then 20% of office visits and a copay until you hit the remaining deductible...
  7. D

14-year old just diagnosed

My daughter was diagnosed at 18 also due to sinus polyps. To this day she has never had a respiratory infection and has only been on anti biotics once and that was way back in kindergarten for an ear infection. From day one she has never been below the 90th percentile in either height or...
  8. D

using netflix or blockbuster in demand in the hospital

If you don't want to sign up for Netflix or amazon just borrow someone's account. All you need is their e-mail and password. We have multiple users on ours.
  9. D

Any ideas where I can get 7% HyperSal cheap?

Just fill your enzyme prescription at Foundation Care and they will give it to you at no cost. They will also give it to you if you fill Colliston there as well, so there might be other prescriptions they do it with as well.
  10. D

SourceCF vitamin programs?

Foundation care pharmacy will give you free vitamins if you fill your enzyme prescription through them.
  11. D

Who has a PPO/HSA for insurance? Is it really as good as it sounds?

You will still be able to get your Cayston from Foundation Care. I got the letter from Blue Cross stating that as well, but know that only 4 pharmacies are able to dispense it. I called Cura Script to make sure and they informed me they do not have it and will not be getting it. I then called...
  12. D

Who has a PPO/HSA for insurance? Is it really as good as it sounds?

We are just starting our third year on Anthem Blue Cross HSA/PPO (luminous 1500). I absolutely love it. It is great for people with high medical expenses. In your case you will pay 100% of everything for the first 1500 and then small prescription copays and 20% of dr visits and other medical...
  13. D

Insurance Question

We have been on Anthem Blue Cross of California PPO for the last two years. Previously we had been on Blue Sheild and Health Net. I would say they have been the best of any of them, we have not even needed prior authorizations for many of the medications we needed them for in the past. The...
  14. D

Flying with vest

My daughter flys frequently, she has flown at least four times since last month and she always checks her vest. She does not want to deal with it because it is too heavy to lift into overhead. It is not charged, all she says is it is medical and she has never been questioned. The only...
  15. D

Insurance help Please

I am wondering if any one uses Cigna Insurance. I need to know if they make you fill cayston or colliston at their specialty pharmacy, or let you use either Foundation Care or CF services. Of course what ever I decide determines the insurance for the entire company. Cigna is a huge savings...