Recent content by Fancymushroom

1. F

what are the chances of having two rare CF genes?

Did the grandmothers cousin know their genes? I'm not sure what to say.. seeing as I've had borderline - positive sweat tests and low elastase in stool samples, so I have a clinical dx of CF without knowing my genes. I don't have any of the top 92 either, but bc I'm in the UK, they don't do the...
  2. F

Did the grandmothers cousin know their genes? I'm not sure what to say.. seeing as I've had borderline - positive sweat tests and low elastase in stool samples, so I have a clinical dx of CF without knowing my genes. I don't have any of the top 92 either, but bc I'm in the UK, they don't do the...
  3. F

Did the grandmothers cousin know their genes? <br />I'm not sure what to say.. seeing as I've had borderline - positive sweat tests and low elastase in stool samples, so I have a clinical dx of CF without knowing my genes. I don't have any of the top 92 either, but bc I'm in the UK, they don't...
  4. F

Late Diagnosis

Me too.. similar story as diagnosed at just gone 19. Was fobbed off and diagnosed with all sorts before a sweat test was done. Pancreas insufficient (thought I had IBS) and diffuse lung disease ("asthma/allergies/low immune system") X
  5. F

Late Diagnosis

Me too.. similar story as diagnosed at just gone 19. Was fobbed off and diagnosed with all sorts before a sweat test was done. Pancreas insufficient (thought I had IBS) and diffuse lung disease ("asthma/allergies/low immune system") X
  6. F

Late Diagnosis

7. F

Morning Blood Sugars

I reckon you need to increase the protein and fat and decrease the carbs a little more. More calories also, because you do need to load up at the start of the day after all night with no food! If you don't like to eat alot in one sitting, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a mid...
  8. F

Morning Blood Sugars

I reckon you need to increase the protein and fat and decrease the carbs a little more. More calories also, because you do need to load up at the start of the day after all night with no food! If you don't like to eat alot in one sitting, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a mid...
  9. F

Morning Blood Sugars

10. F

scandi-shakes

Sorry I can't help you with the scandishakes (I'm in the UK) but can I suggest making a homemade version (can be as many if not more calories!)? A blend of his fave ice cream, milk, cream, and stuff like cookies/peanut butter/banana/even oil can all go in to a machine or blended with a...
  11. F

scandi-shakes

Sorry I can't help you with the scandishakes (I'm in the UK) but can I suggest making a homemade version (can be as many if not more calories!)? A blend of his fave ice cream, milk, cream, and stuff like cookies/peanut butter/banana/even oil can all go in to a machine or blended with a...
  12. F

scandi-shakes

Sorry I can't help you with the scandishakes (I'm in the UK) but can I suggest making a homemade version (can be as many if not more calories!)? <br /> <br />A blend of his fave ice cream, milk, cream, and stuff like cookies/peanut butter/banana/even oil can all go in to a machine or blended...
  13. F

on-going fever's

On a different note - a hyperactive thyroid is known to cause a higher than normal basal temp. This might be why she is a bit on the high side - due to the increased metabolism. Night sweats are very common in Hyperthyroid patients also. Of course, infection and inflammatory processes are...
  14. F

on-going fever's

On a different note - a hyperactive thyroid is known to cause a higher than normal basal temp. This might be why she is a bit on the high side - due to the increased metabolism. Night sweats are very common in Hyperthyroid patients also. Of course, infection and inflammatory processes are...
  15. F

on-going fever's

On a different note - a hyperactive thyroid is known to cause a higher than normal basal temp. This might be why she is a bit on the high side - due to the increased metabolism. Night sweats are very common in Hyperthyroid patients also. <br /> <br />Of course, infection and inflammatory...