Recent content by Georgiagirl

1. G

Cayston dosages and ringing in ears

Thank you, bharison. Yes, I used to be on tobra flushes for 3 year, every 4-6 weeks with ENT for my sinuses. Then I was given Tobra IV and let's just say, my body protested greatly. I tried Tobi two different times and ended up with the same symptoms after a 14 day cycle: heavy limbs and trunk...
  2. G

Himalayan Salt Inhaler

I have used the inhaler for almost a year. I find it not only thins my secretions & makes vest therapy more effective, but is also a great alternative when hypertonic is not feasible.
  3. G

Thank you, Autumn for your reply. It helps to learn of others experience. Interesting about the 2 week cycle, perhaps that could be a solution to keep me from getting so congested on the 3rd off week. Thank you again for your suggestions. I am finding no information of ringing side effect tide...
  4. G

Has anyone been on Cayston for an extended amount of time and are experiencing any ringing in their ears? I've been on Cayston for 2.5 years on a 28 day on and 28 day off schedule. I've also read of others that have a different dose and/or different length of time for dose. I would hope to have...
  5. G

disinfecting neb cups & bipap mask/tubing.

Thanks for the tips. I actually hooked the hose to the bipap machine & let it run to dry up remaining droplets. Will just have to remember it will be an "all day" project. Good thing is it only has to be once a week (for hoses & headband).:)
  6. G

CF Clinic + Holistic medicine, does it exist? America or Europe?

I have taken various alternative remedies over the years at different intervals: olive leaf (strengthen immune system, help fight fungus & yeast); amino acids (many benefits, mainly thin mucus & support various organs); tea tree oil steams; himalayan salt inhaler; dessicated liver capsules (B's...
  7. G

disinfecting neb cups & bipap mask/tubing.

What ways do you dry the tubing(hoses). Anywhere I read it states "air dry". That can take a considerable amount of time! I rinsed them at 10 am this morning & I still see droplets at 3pm! Any tips would be much appreciated.:)
  8. G

Can cleaning products make you cough up blood?

Yes, happened to me numerous times. Cannot tolerate bleach or ammonia products. I dilute tea tree oil or use vinegar & baking soda or I am not bothered by citrus. We also use fragrance-free detergent & free dryer sheets.
  9. G

ears ringing

Thank you for your responses. I am sorry you have had bad side effects with the meds which led to loss. I have not tolerated IV Tobra for years and tried Tobi twice with the same side effect: numbness. I have been on Cayston for two years, I am really hoping it is not from that. Waiting to hear...
  10. G

ears ringing

Does anyone else experience ringing in their ears from coughing and using the vest?
  11. G

cayston for cepacia

I started Cayston in Oct. of last year. I am a carrier of the b cepacia, but it has not shown in my culture for 1.5 years.
  12. G

for those who have yet to decide on transplant

Thank you Margaret, I did not know there was a Transplant section until after I had posted.  = )<br>
  13. G

Thank you Margaret, I did not know there was a Transplant section until after I had posted. = )<br>
  14. G

Thank you Margaret, I did not know there was a Transplant section until after I had posted. = )<br>
  15. G

Hello everyone, <br>I have found all of your input very helpful and interesting.  I am not saying that I am ruling a transplant out completely, I am just leaning to the side of "no" more than "yes". Thank you to everyone's responses.  As far as my health, I am more moderate than any other...