Recent content by hockeygrl61

1. H

i want to lose weight but everyone says im stupid

I'm 5 ft 110 lbs. I know what you mean about the weight, but for me it's never really been about losing it. About 5 years ago I weighed about 130 and my dietician told me I was a bit over weight, now that I'm at 110 my parents and docs freak if my weight changes by even a fraction of a kilo...
  2. H

I'm 5 ft 110 lbs. I know what you mean about the weight, but for me it's never really been about losing it. About 5 years ago I weighed about 130 and my dietician told me I was a bit over weight, now that I'm at 110 my parents and docs freak if my weight changes by even a fraction of a kilo...
  3. H

4. H

PICC lines

I am on my seventh PICC and I absolutely love them. I find that for about the first week or so my arm is a little sore, but after that I hardly even notice it. You can do just about anything with it in, I've played hockey (non contact) and travel softball. I usually just cut a softball sock and...
  5. H

PICC lines

I am on my seventh PICC and I absolutely love them. I find that for about the first week or so my arm is a little sore, but after that I hardly even notice it. You can do just about anything with it in, I've played hockey (non contact) and travel softball. I usually just cut a softball sock and...
  6. H

PICC lines

7. H

Picc line

Yeah, I just had my 6th PICC line and I honestly love them. I have small veins that role and IV meds have always been hard on my veins. PICC lines can stay in for up to a month I think , but I've never had one in for longer than 3 weeks. When I first had a picc they used stitches to keep it in...
  8. H

Growing Up

I was completely different growing up. I never told anyone about my CF except my closest friends. I always lived like a normal kid and never let it get  in the way of anything I wanted to do and my parents supported that. I've always been grateful that they let me be myself and eventually I told...
  9. H

College Life with CF

Thanks for the input, but trust me having a single room is what I want. I asked for it, not only because of having to do my treatments and stuff , but because I've been to camp at OSU before and stayed in dorm rooms with 2-3 other girls and I couldn't stand in then. The dorms we were in were way...
  10. H

College Life with CF

Thanks for all your advice. I have already arranged to have a single room and to be able to have my car on campus so that I can come home for all my doctor appointments. I didn't think it would be a good idea to switch doctors my first year of school. I wanted to stick with someone who knows my...
  11. H

I am so confused.. please help

Cystic Fibrosis doesn't effect just the lungs. It also affects the digestive system which makes it harder for us to absorb nutrients which leads to slow growth and weight gain. Some people have very little problem with their lungs and have more digestive problems. I'm not sure all of the tests...
  12. H

College Life with CF

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to school. Right now I'm trying to develop a routine for myself so that when I go to school doing my treatments will be easier. I plan on majoring in Athletic Training and maybe eventually in Respiratory Therapy.
  13. H

College Life with CF

Ok, so I'll be leaving for school in about two months. Is there anyone here who went off to college and found good ways of staying on top of their meds and treatments? I just got out of the hospital and I really don't want to go back anytime soon. So if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!
  14. H

tune ups?

I just finished three weeks of IVs. Two weeks in the hospital which was horrible and another week at home. Luckily I only have tune ups every few years. This was the longest I've had IVs and the sickest I've been in a while.