Recent content by holmbers1

1. H

Bowel Cancer and Chemotherapy

Hi Jen-I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. It sounds like she is in good hands though-sounds like they are doing the right things to help her. My story is a bit different in that my husband is the one with CF. I was actually diagnosed with colon cancer-stage IV last february. I too, was...
  2. H

IMPORTANT!..Need to know what you people have had done to help your pnuemathoraxes!

I would check with your CF doc to see if another surgeon can give an evaluation. When my husband had his lung collapse for the second time the surgeon he had did basically did a lung resection....taking out the suspicious areas that he felt were causing the collapse. That was over 6 years ago...
  3. H

IMPORTANT!..Need to know what you people have had done to help your pnuemathoraxes!

I would check with your CF doc to see if another surgeon can give an evaluation. When my husband had his lung collapse for the second time the surgeon he had did basically did a lung resection....taking out the suspicious areas that he felt were causing the collapse. That was over 6 years ago...
  4. H

Neumathorax and colapsed lung? Heres my story i never had one before

I hope you are feeling better and healing quickly. My hubby had this happen twice in a month. That was 6 years ago. It was scary. He was actually doing his vest or it was after his vest...and he was in pain. He thought maybe it was a plug that needed to come loose and had me pound him but didn't...
  5. H

Neumathorax and colapsed lung? Heres my story i never had one before

I hope you are feeling better and healing quickly. My hubby had this happen twice in a month. That was 6 years ago. It was scary. He was actually doing his vest or it was after his vest...and he was in pain. He thought maybe it was a plug that needed to come loose and had me pound him but didn't...
  6. H

your experience with cf centers in california

Hi! My hubby went to USC med ctr about 8 years ago before we moved to AZ. The adult cf doc he had is no longer there-but the center itself is fantastic. They were always wonderful to deal with. And if ever hospitalized-it's a pretty good hospital. I remember the pharmacist there always worked...
  7. H

your experience with cf centers in california

Hi! My hubby went to USC med ctr about 8 years ago before we moved to AZ. The adult cf doc he had is no longer there-but the center itself is fantastic. They were always wonderful to deal with. And if ever hospitalized-it's a pretty good hospital. I remember the pharmacist there always worked...
  8. H

Husbands in Hospital

Hi-I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby. Just wanted to see how things were going? I pray all is going well, and things are improving. I know it is scary for you,,,I can relate. My hubby's been through a lot over the years. He had his lung collapse twice within a month's time. But things have...
  9. H

Husbands in Hospital

Hi-I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby. Just wanted to see how things were going? I pray all is going well, and things are improving. I know it is scary for you,,,I can relate. My hubby's been through a lot over the years. He had his lung collapse twice within a month's time. But things have...