Recent content by janddburke

1. J

What happened to the annual CF conference in Jersey City?

I went a few years ago and thought it was wonderful
  2. J

Bad breath

So evidently not nothing. Something brewing. Huh. Who knew? 3weeks of abx.
  3. J

Bad breath

She doesn't seem to be complaining of heartburn or anything indigestion related and she is already on Prevacid. Seems to be worse later in the day. Dentist appointment next week for a cleaning. I'll be sure to mention it to her.
  4. J

Bad breath

Good morning. Just wondering if seriously bad breath in my 17 yo daughter might be a sign of a brewing infection? Something I should mention to her dr. At our next visit? Or should I call it in?
  5. J

Best treatment center in us

On the cff.com website there is info on the different CF centers. Perhaps you would find that useful.
  6. J

Looking at colleges for my CFer

thank you all so much for your help. I am all for her going away to school with certain limits of course. I am going to share all this feedback with her (we have a 4 hour drive to another school this week) Kosdancer - may I ask which school you chose and which major? you are truly wise beyond...
  7. J

Looking at colleges for my CFer

What should I be looking for? Anything I should be on the lookout for? Hints?
  8. J

Tooth Extracted

My daughter needed her wisdom teeth out and it was covered under her Medical insurance. Not sure what makes it medical vs. dental Also, maybe you should check with your pulmonologist first. Doesn't anesthesia (any type) result in shallower breathing? Could this be an issue?
  9. J

Toni and Cipro

daughter just started Tobi and 750mg of Cipro. has persistant cough for a few weeks. the question I have is that now she has a very sore throat. 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. no fever. sore throat is mentioned in the documentation the pharmacist said one of the side effects of this high a dose...
  10. J

Toni and Cipro

daughter just started Tobi and 750mg of Cipro. has persistant cough for a few weeks. the question I have is that now she has a very sore throat. 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. no fever. sore throat is mentioned in the documentation the pharmacist said one of the side effects of this high a dose...
  11. J

Hypertonic saline (hts) & electronics

There was a post some time ago asking if anyone had furniture or carpet dicoloration due to nebulized meds. would imagine the same impact. not sure what the solution is there.
  12. J

Hypertonic saline (hts) & electronics

There was a post some time ago asking if anyone had furniture or carpet dicoloration due to nebulized meds. would imagine the same impact. not sure what the solution is there.
  13. J

Disney World

a quick stop at 'city hall' on your way into the park and pick up a 'special assistance' pass. we even had a note from her doctor which they never even looked at. this entitled Jess and a party of up to 6 (including her) to get special assistance which usually corresponded to the front of every...
  14. J

Disney World

a quick stop at 'city hall' on your way into the park and pick up a 'special assistance' pass. we even had a note from her doctor which they never even looked at. this entitled Jess and a party of up to 6 (including her) to get special assistance which usually corresponded to the front of every...
  15. J

Vertex 770 question

Maybe it just meant you were not eligible for the study? No reason for the drug not to work!