Recent content by Jellybaby

1. J

Sputum

@Printer haha no problem thanks for that! Hope it goes soon ?
  2. J

Sputum

@printer thank you :) i think I'll leave it a few days and see if it resolves
  3. J

Sputum

Hi guys, I'm sure some of you have had this problem at some stage but iv been coughing up bloody sputum, small enough and I'm pretty sure it's coming from my lungs although my nose has been a little bloody recently also. Iv been doing really well recently and havnt had any chest infections so...
  4. J

Cd for cf

Hi everyone, I'm Aileen, I'm 17 and I live in Ireland. I thought I would make a post about a little project iv been working on recently. I have Cf and have just released a Cd to help raise funds for the 'cystic fibrosis galway hospital project' which is my local hospital and all the money...
  5. J

Wanting to make friends with CF?

Hey, Anyone can add me in facebook my names Aileen Henderson :) always good to talk to other people with cf!
  6. J

New- My Fiance has CF, I do not Carry the Gene

Hey, I occasionally go through phases of coughing during the night and I could never find anything at all to help. It was my singing teacher who told me about the mad idea of putting Vicks vapo rub on my feet :p it sounds crazy but it really did work for me and hopefully it will for him too...
  7. J

Enlarged spleen and low platelets

@lilywing thanks for your message its good to hear you're keeping well anyways :) there was talk of a splenectomy but same as you said the doctors wouldn't advise doing it because of infection etc. but I think it could still be an option...even if they took half of it out! They always look...
  8. J

I will definitely ask about blood transfusions next time I'm with the doctor, thanks for that suggestion! And I do yeah big spleen big liver huge tummy! :p
  9. J

Oh that's good that they could do it :) I'm suppose to have surgery on my back but because there would be so much blood loss they can't do it as I have something like 25 platelets, there all getting stored in my giant spleen! Thanks for that good to know there are ways around things if necessary! :)
  10. J

@randomgirl just wondering, they were able to do your transplants with low platelets were they? :)
  11. J

@randomgirl oh so glad to hear I'm not the only one! Thanks for that :) glad your doing well!
  12. J

Need some CF friends!!!

Hey! I'm Aileen I'm a 17 bit younger but not much I feel the same way at the moment! If you want feel free to add me on Facebook (Aileen Henderson) would be happy to help and talk :)
  13. J

Hi, I'm wondering if any one has the same Issues as me :) I have liver disease due to my cf and it has caused me to have an extremely large spleen resulting in really low platelet count. I need to have surgery on my back for other reasons but I can't because it would be too risky with my low...
  14. J

Tummy problems!

@Kxray328 and are u the same as me....do they say you can't play any contact sport etc?
  15. J

hemoptysis caused by zithromax?

Hey, Just thought id share my experience....I kept getting haemoptysis with hypertonic saline so I switched to pulmozyme and have had no problems since, hopefully it stays that way! But apparently hypertonic saline is more of an irritant and haemoptysis is less likely to happen with pulmozyme