Recent content by JennyCoulon

1. J

Surprising Results with Essential Oils! Give it a Go!

I am really wondering which oil(s) I should get for both of my boys. I haven't heard anyone type out which specific ones for respitory as well as how often to difuse them and for how long. I have the Thieves that I have rubbed on their feet a couple times but I haven't seen any results. I am in...
  2. J

HELP - Major drop in fev1

We have a 14 year old with CF and he has had issues with coughing fits when he is playing soccer both indoor and outdoor, participating in PE and even rough housing at home. Last July he cultured aspergillas flavus (fungus) that is found in farm fields on crops, etc for the first time so they...
  3. J

Thieves Essential Oils-Alternative medicine-Has anyone tried it?

Just wondering if anyone has tried Thieves Essential Oil to help with prevention or treatment of infection for their CFer? My aunt gave it to me to try with the boys and I am just wondering. There are a lot of different uses for it but it shows to put 3 drops under their feet, rub it in, cover...
  4. J

Thieves Essential Oil-Alternative Medicine Anyone try it?

Just wondering if anyone has tried Thieves Essential Oil to help with prevention or treatment of infection for their CFer? My aunt gave it to me to try with the boys and I am just wondering. There are a lot of different uses for it but it shows to put 3 drops under their feet, rub it in, cover...
  5. J

Should I send my 18mth old to a preschool or keep him home?

You can't keep your child in a bubble you just have to teach good hygiene, good handwashing, etc. They will get sick but so do other kids without CF. You deserve some mommy time to yourself and they will love school.
  6. J

Mini One G Button Issues

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have had major issues with the Mini One g-button. Our oldest got his button when he was 5 and will soon be 14. He was placed with the Bard and then we switched the Mini button. Our middle son got his button a year ago from last July and he had the...
  7. J

Mini One G-Button Issues

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have had major issues with the Mini One g-button. Our oldest got his button when he was 5 and will soon be 14. He was placed with the Bard and then we switched the Mini button. Our middle son got his button a year ago from last July and he had the...
  8. J

Constant sinus drainage-need advice

I just wanted to update everyone on what the CF center docs decided to do. They decided to put him on a round of oral antibotics for 14 days which he just finished up because my husband had gotten an upper respititory infection and they wanted to cover all of the bases. They decided to also have...
  9. J

Thanks for your responses. I checked the CF center to see what they suggest again. They want him to take 20 mg of Zyrtec rather than the 10 mg he has been taking. They also want him to bump up doing his Flonase noise spray to 2 sprays per nostril 2 times daily. I also did make an appointment...
  10. J

Our 13 year old has constant sinus drainage. He has allergies but takes singular and zyrtec. He does sinus rinses as well as always blowing his nose. Does anyone have advise on getting this under control? His lungs are always clear but the drainage causes constant coughing. We have told his...
  11. J

Happy Birthday Tucker

Happy 8th birthday Tucker!
  12. J

Meconium and newborns

My oldest who is now 13 was born with a blockage as well which we didnt have a clue and he had his first surgery to relieve it 4 hours after he was brn. Our 8 year old had his bm before my c-section but it would have caused a blockage. Good luck and we will send you good thoughts
  13. J

g tube surgery

My oldest who is 13 and got his g tube when he was 5 did this test. They put an NG tube in the nose and it is hooked to a machine. The machine will keep track of how many reflux episodes happen and then they will decide on the extra surgery for this. If you have other questions dont hesitate to...
  14. J

Please, I need advice

My oldest is on Singular, Zyrtec, Flonase nose spray and he does sinus rinse. I have never heard that about allergy meds or the sinus rinse. I would check with your CF center and see what they suggest.
  15. J

Need advice on son's cough-also posted in Adults section

JENNYC: Thanks for reaching out, we are actually going to the CF clinic today at 11:00 for them to do full PFT's with spirometry and also we are going to review the allergy meds he is on and the doses. I actually bought a pulsar sinus rinse last night to see how that works. We have done the...