Recent content by Jet

1. J

nasal polyps and deviated septum

Yes, I had a lot of issues with polyps. I had them removed every couple of years starting in grade school. The last time was in late 20s. Not sure if it was my age or not but Flonase seems to have helped keep them in check ever since. I do not have a deviated septum.
  2. J

Oldest Person With CF

I promised my mother that I would out liver her. She turned 81 in September and looks like she has another 15-20 years left. That means I have to make 70 but why not 100?
  3. J

Anyone willing to do this?

Grew up in a small town in Iowa. Moved to Chicago after college. Have been in Akron, Ohio last 16 years.
  4. J

Psychologists??

It can help. I've seen one off and on for years. I'll go for periods where I dont feel the need. Other times, like CF itself , things can take a turn where I can use some extra help. Sometimes its good just to be able to talk it out with someone who's not a family member or close friend. I do...
  5. J

Survey results Qualitative You Matter...

My wife. She seems to know what I need at different times and stages. She knows when I need a gentle nudge or a serious push. Despite challenges we've been able to create a great life together. We've traveled to many parts of the world that I never imagined I would ever see. Our oldest...
  6. J

Just so tiredzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes fatigue can be an issue with diabetes. Your weight gain and decreased exercise could also effect your blood sugar levels and be adding to your fatigue . You should get tested soon.
  7. J

Cf fund raisers- do you go??

I walk in our local Great Strides event every year. Ours is coming up this Sunday. The families know each other and we keep the required distance.
  8. J

Living Today, Adding Tomorrows

Thank you for sharing. Your daughters story and mine are pretty similar albeit 30 years apart. I to lost my older brother as a kid. She's got a great attitude that is going to serve her well. You have every right to be very proud of her.
  9. J

crazy sugars and a little frightened

CFRD is so common amongst us that your center should be testing for it. I was diagnosed at 40. In the beginning I confused the highs and lows just based on my symptoms. They put me on glucose and its been under control for years.
  10. J

NYTimes cover story today, dying with teens

LL thank you for sharing your story. I think there are two topics that don't get discussed enough. One is mental health and the other is end of life care. I think what I took from the article is that these kids and young adults did want to discuss the topic. This disease or other ones can make...
  11. J

First Tune Up

Great news. I'm glad you've bounced back. I think its impossible not to have some scarring by now. I love your attitude.
  12. J

Negative reaction to enzymes, anyone pretty familiar with them?

I would discuss it with your doctor. There are other enzymes. I've not taken zenpep before but I had to switch brands because of other issues. It could also be the dose you're taking.
  13. J

CF and natural options... ???

There is a quote by Edison that I think applies to CF research. "I've not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." My center is also a research site and I know they're a lots of committed scientist and physicians working on new drugs and treatments. Unfortunately CF is extremely...
  14. J

Do CFers write their Bucket Lists?

What a wonderful post. I have a physician friend at work who has suffers off and on with mild depression. On a stressful day at work he blurted out "life must be simple when you're suppose to be dead!" He immediately apologized and I just laughed. In someways he did capture my approach to...
  15. J

Bill might soon allow students to self-administer enzymes in school!

When I was a kid the schools would let me carry them myself. Like Ethan, I was pretty good at taking them quickly. Only my good friends and some teachers knew. I think it also made me take responsibility for my CF at an early age. I think that's very important because there is always something...