Recent content by Julie7

1. J

False negative sputum culture?

Thanks everyone. He was able to cough up a good sample. I left a message with clinic to ensure they did let it grow before finalizing. I can log on to see results which say final on the same day as culture. Maybe they can see something I cannot but I am double checking with the clinic.
  2. J

Thanks jshet. I guess I was surprised results were available same day as culture? Oh well, he is getting better on augmentin.
  3. J

Also, he has cultured h flu and staph aureus in the past. I'm thinking the antibx interfered or he had a bad viral infection. Seems odd that he got better after a few days of increased augmentin (from 2 to 3 times daily) plus nebulizer treatments.
  4. J

How often are sputum cultures false negative? My son is currently recovering from a month of sickness including sinusitis that then settled into his chest. His sputum culture was taken 3 days after he finished 10 days of amox and had just started 3 days of augmentin. His sputum was thick yellow...
  5. J

CF Limbo-Update on immunodeficiency

Thanks!! Plus he is currently sick again w bronchitis. Saw cf dr yesterday and he prolonged his antibiotics for a month, gave us pulmicort and I was taught chest pt. fast forward 24 hours and he's worse now spiking a 102.6 fever which I suspect is really 103 bc he can't keep his mouth closed due...
  6. J

Thank you jshet. He is only being monitored but not doing anything proactive. For example, called the CF clinic I'm trying to make a sick visit today for possible pneumonia for my son and he is not on the priority list to be seen bc he doesn't have a formal diagnosis... Thanks for your thoughts.
  7. J

Bump-please read Bump-please read
  8. J

My 11 year old son has been in limbo for 5 years now. I've posted here before but I have new information. Stomach pain started at age 7. Chronic sinusitis and bronchitis. Cultured stap and h flu so far. PI diagnosed at age 8 via pancreatic stim test. Enzymes treated for 8 months with...
  9. J

Ok, I have Cystic fibrosis

Hi Meech. Sending positive thoughts your way. Hopefully answers will send you on a path to better health. Im interested to learn your mutations as my son is in the grey zone with negative sweats but variations poly 5t 12TG, 7t 11TG and 2 copies of m470v.
  10. J

Heat Rash? (variant, mild CF)

What mutation was identified?
  11. J

What is the best CF genetic test?

Would suggest the CF lung pulmonologist orders the genetics aa this should be a priority as well as stabilizing and treating his current lung problems. Stay strong!
  12. J

What is the best CF genetic test?

Sanfloraine, I think others would sugfest a certified CF clinic. I think it is impotant to ensure the right genetics are ordered. Full genetic screen mutation (2500+ mutations including poly T variants) plus a deletions and duplicatiins test (considered separate). You might want to ask for...
  13. J

Daughter Genetic Test Results - Please read and send feedback

There is a really good explanation on the thread called "welcome Ambry genetics." Go to the last page and read LittleLab's comment and the last one by Ambry...so read the last 2 posts. My son has the poly 5t 12TG / 7t 11TG and 2 copies if M470v. No diagnosis but he is followed by a CF clinic...
  14. J

Genetically Confirmed after 2 years

My son too has poly 5t/12TG and 7t/11TG and 2 copies of M470v. His genetics with deletions and duplications wwre done a little over 2 years ago as well. Thanks for sharing.
  15. J

Pancreatitis

Littlelab, you always bring great insight. Thank you. I agree with your statements around pain control. My son spent 3 weeks in the hospital. Nubain was barely taking the edge off his pain. Of course there are concerns over slowing the gut with narcotics but to see a 9 year old in that kind...